• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

From a BIG HP bike to a NC750X?

I'm coming from a 11 HD V-Rod Muscle (still have, trying to sell) which is fun and fast for what the bike is but it's not practical. It still puts a smile on my face when I ride it but the cost to operate is much higher than that of the NC700X. It also sucks that 5 gallons of gas only gets me 170mi on the V-Rod. The NC is much more of a useful bike for daily riding.

I've had the biggest bike honda makes to the smallest (street bikes anyway). And several dirt bikes. Along with a few of other brands.
All have been fun. Like old can ride, each had a time when it worked for me. Right now the NC fits the bill. No one needs a huge amount of HP. Fun yes, need no.
It's all in what you want. Different favors of ice cream and all that

I totally agree with this statement. The NC is not in the same league as the FZ1. However it is economical. I am fortunate enough to have a small collection of bikes. Three of them are considerably more powerful than my NC, but I ride the NC more than the others from a practical point of view. I do still enjoy the superior acceleration and suspension of the others though, and would miss them if they were not around. If I had to, I would cope with the NC as my sole motorcycle
Yeah I agree 100% with this. I have a Triumph Rocket which is nice to polish and pose on and yes it's good now and then to open it up in a straight line. But for real world UK country roads (and I guess Wicklow ones too) the NC750X is the perfect machine - particularly if you are keen to stay alive and/or keep your licence
Mike

I've owned and ridden several bikes with around 100BHP on tap.

However, looking back, I'm lucky to have survived many years of 'mad Sunday' blasts with mates and to be honest I'm glad that's all done and dusted now.

My 750X is plenty quick enough now for 'real world' riding and definitely one of the best bikes I've owned.

Back