• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question frunk lid pouch

vinay

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is the 2020 NC750X and wanted to somehow attach my phone against the underside of the frunk lid. I have a keyring connected to the back of my phone as everything in my pockets is usually chained or tethered. If I wouldn't do that, I would have lost everything. Either way, I keep my phone in the frunk when riding. The navigation device (running Apple CarPlay) needs a constant data connection to the phone (an iPhone SE 2016 model) and as the battery is not up for that, I keep it connected to the charger in the frunk. I until now I put it behind the elastic band in front of the (lead acid) battery but I've got the feeling that sometimes all that lead blocks the signal at times making the navigation a bit inconsistent. Even worse is when the the phone is on the bottom of the frunk. So I thought it would be clever to attach it to the lid somehow. I initially wanted to glue another chainring to the lid and connect the phone with a carabiner, but then I found these four little hooks. For now I suspended a short elastic band between those two hooks which should hold the phone snug against the lid (and also secured as I run the elastic band through the chainring of the phone). But considering there are four hooks, I was wondering whether there is some clever pouch for that. Seems like a great place to store small parts and in my case of course the phone, nicely isolated from the engine vibrations.

So yeah, does Honda or some third party accessory manufacturer have a dedicated pouch for this or did anyone produce their own clever solution? I'm looking for inspiration!

Maybe I would carry the phone in a jacket pocket and see if connectivity issues are any better before investing time or money into the hanging pocket idea.

Yeah I could try that but I'm not into phones and only moved onto this refurbished affair when they removed the 2G band and my button phone would no longer work. All nice, but if the phone is constantly active (using GPS and bluetooth and all even though the screen is off) the battery dies real quick. The reason phones are getting so big these days isn't because people want big screens. It is because they need a big battery. The pouch is nice for sometime later, but the hooks are there in the lid so it would be rude not to use them. For now the elastic band suffices so if that works, the pouch will work as well.

Back