• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Navigation bar (GPS)

Dailyridersg

Reaction score
Visit site
I am using a handlebar mount for my phone GPS on my CB400x and having to tilt my head to the side to see the GPS makes it very difficult.
I've modified (still testing phase) using a tablet for my Tuareg 660 and so far I like this lots more. Easier to see and I get wider view for left and right side of the map. I tend to go wrong way when coming to a turn and I can't see what's beyond the screen. Using a tablet on landscape mode (like how garmin is) makes things easier.

Problem with trying to mount a tablet on the NC is the tablet will obstruct too much if I try to mount on the handlebar. Also I rather not tilt my head and prefer to just look down a little.
I don't see any navigation bar on the NC, so what's the recommended aftermarket navigation bar mount for the NC.

I feel like I have non motorcycle questions. like when you are using your tablet are you using your phone as a hot spot? I have a mounting bar on my bike but I really cant see my speedometer when I mount my phone there. I am interested to see your solution to this. I am attaching a photo of my mounting bar. it was crazy inexpensive I think that is why the finish changed color. Believe it or not it was Black when I bought it.

Attachments

• 20231015_132659.jpg
    20231015_132659.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
I have 3 options for mobile network.
1. Insert sim to tablet
2. Insert sim to my phone and use as hotspot
3. Insert sim into my mobile router and use as hotspot.

Anyway, I just ordered a navigation bar mount from aliexpress. They didn't give much information about it, so I can't buy my clamp until item arrives and I see how thick the bar is.

there's also this depending on your model NC ... eBay also has them:

GPS Bar Mount

I've not used one but have been thinking about it. I had my prior Garmin mounted above my instrument cluster using a different mount a year or so ago, and notice I got a lot of buffeting because the GPS disturbed the air flow coming under my CalSci screen ... I'm now using a Madstad so not sure if that plus the different shape of the above mounting bar would cause the same issue.

yeah, I ordered something like that online. Item was supposed to have arrived but I was away for more than a week, and it wasn't amongst the items that was in my mailbox when I returned (box was full, so hopefully they will deliver again).

I bought this - on the basis that it was so cheap compared to the 'branded options' , I could afford to lose my money. Think I paid £12 [sterling] including carriage. It's even less now.

Delivered in about 10 days and no additional charges to pay.

The quality turned out to be very good. Powder coated stainless steel and alloy - with proper stainless Allen bolts.

Needed a bit jiggling to align the holes with the replacement Puig screen - but fitted very well.

I have a 2021 NC750X manual.

Hi all, be careful which one you buy there are two types. One has vertical arms and one has flat arms. The one one which has flat arms vibrate. Not sure about vertical one has I bought the flat one lol.

First time I've read of navigation bar vibration. I bought something similar to what Bunzena mentioned, it comes with a 22mm cross bar, so any clamp that fits the handlebar should work. Have not had time to install them yet, and I also bought some metal shield nuts that eliminate the need for rubber mounting nuts that are normally used on the shields.
Vibration didn't come into my mind till now, I'll probably need to enlarge the mounting holes a little to accommodate these metal nuts to fit, but should be an easy job. If you're wondering, I will most likely use some sort of washer from the plumber store to minimize any vibration.

Back