• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk Light

Sure. Green, Red, or even amber might be useful. In fact, amber would probably be best. Of course, you don't have to go for the ultra bright ones either. But what fun is that? I mean, if you can't signal incoming aircraft, blind would-be attackers, or get a suntan from it, it ain't worth installing.

Here is the $10. Ace hardware solution if you have an outlet in the frunk. Plugs in and recharges its battery.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Red lights were standard in the Navy at night. Red won't cause your pupils to contract and affect your night vision.

Red lights are standard on the bridge at night not only in the Navy but also in merchant vessels, and have been for a very long time.

One peculiar practice this gives rise to is that of never using red to mark hazards on nautical charts, as anything in red in the charts disappears under the red lights. For the same reason red must never be used when updating a ship’s charts with information routinely distributed via the "Notice to Mariners"publication.

Red lights are standard on the bridge at night not only in the Navy but also in merchant vessels, and have been for a very long time.

One peculiar practice this gives rise to is that of never using red to mark hazards on nautical charts, as anything in red in the charts disappears under the red lights. For the same reason red must never be used when updating a ship’s charts with information routinely distributed via the "Notice to Mariners"publication.
Would appear you spent some time at sea before settling in Japan. BTW Yokosuka was my home port for 3 years.

Here is the $10. Ace hardware solution if you have an outlet in the frunk. Plugs in and recharges its battery

Nice. I like that idea. This solution give you a portable light. That could come in handy if you hit something at night or the bike starts making tons of noise. You'll be able to investigate the issue. Thanks for posting that. I'm gonna buy one of those.

I keep a good flashlight in my frunk. It finds its way to the bottom and can be difficult to find in the dark which tends to be when I need it.

I can see that happening and it gives me an idea. I'm going to see if I can find the same type that charges off the outlet but is long enough to be held by both the rubber staps for the tool kit.

Still curious to see how yours turns out.

I was a snipe on USS Worden CG-18. We have more in common than motorcycles.

One of my favorite places to eat was a Yakatori restraunt in Nagai owned by a retired navy man who married a Japanese wife. Part of the great experience eating there was to learn about the Japanes culture from him. My oldest son was born there and has been back to the air force base as an air force pilot. Not stationed there, just brief assignment.

Last edited:
You know, when Navy guys start chatting ship talk around Marines, we're obliged to say one and only one word.
Guadalcanal

But we still love you (and appreciate you).

Edit - Notice I didn't say Squid. ;-)

You know, when Navy guys start chatting ship talk around Marines, we're obliged to say one and only one word.
Guadalcanal

But we still love you (and appreciate you).

Edit - Notice I didn't say Squid. ;-)

So you giving us fault or credit for taking you to Guadalcanal?

My second ship I was a plank holder on a gator freightor - USS Belleau Wood LHA-3. So I have some experience hauling leathernecks to places they couldn't get to on their own.

Personally I think we make a good team. Don't know why we need the other services as we pretty much have the bases covered between us.

Ha - not so much transporting, but what happened after deploying. But hey, I wasn't there. I jest.

I'm pretty sure the USN/USMC could be all that's needed. But let's face it, the Army does have some cool toys and the USAF has the cool golf courses.

(And before anyone gets too bent out of shape, I'm just poking fun. I couldn't ever pick on any one of our volunteer fighting force - the bravest men and women on the planet).

Cheers!
:)

So you giving us fault or credit for taking you to Guadalcanal?

My second ship I was a plank holder on a gator freightor - USS Belleau Wood LHA-3. So I have some experience hauling leathernecks to places they couldn't get to on their own.

Personally I think we make a good team. Don't know why we need the other services as we pretty much have the bases covered between us.

Ok, Don't go there. I think you said that just to get a rise out of me. LOL. Who's gonna clear the buildings, tunnels, and caves? You know I was an Airborne Ranger. You almost hurt my feelings. NOT

Wait, I thought that's what we do?

Yes you did. Right along side us. I believe the 1st Marine Division, 3rd Infantry Division and 101st ABN Divsion all kicked off the ground fight in 2003. I was with the 101st ABN.

I bought a 3 pack of LED head mount lights at costco for 10 dollars, removed the head strap from one and slid the base under the bungee at the top of the frunk. It can be angled down to illuminate the frunk fully, or removed and strapped to your head (the strap is also in the frunk).

Back