• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Frunk Light

+1 on the head lamp idea. I have one with the coin-shaped lithium cell that has been bouncing around in my saddle bag for 3 years with many miles and still lights the way:). Still carry an extra battery ; now that reminds me , where did I store that extra battery:(?

Last edited:
You know, when Navy guys start chatting ship talk around Marines, we're obliged to say one and only one word.
Guadalcanal

But we still love you (and appreciate you).

Edit - Notice I didn't say Squid. ;-)

I have never known a sailor who failed to recognize or respect the numerous glorious deeds of our hierarchically subordinate jarheaded brethren.

Nor have I ever known a Marine who recognized or acknowledged the simple fact that they would have missed the opportunity to cover themselves in glory if the Navy hadn't transported them.

In civilian life even between the best of friends a simple "Hey, thanks for the ride" would be offered. I think the Navy deserves at least that much from the Marines. After all.....it ain't like they walked to Guadalcanal.

I have never known a sailor who failed to recognize or respect the numerous glorious deeds of our hierarchically subordinate jarheaded brethren.

Nor have I ever known a Marine who recognized or acknowledged the simple fact that they would have missed the opportunity to cover themselves in glory if the Navy hadn't transported them.

In civilian life even between the best of friends a simple "Hey, thanks for the ride" would be offered. I think the Navy deserves at least that much from the Marines. After all.....it ain't like they walked to Guadalcanal.

Touche good sir.

Strangely enough, it's becoming an epidemic in USMC life that many a Marine have not stepped aboard a Naval vessel.

Ordered Wednesday morning and it was in the mail box when I got home this evening. I am happy with the purchase. There may be less expensive options, but this was a 2 minute install with no wiring. It may impact space for a helmet but typically don't pile other junk in frunk high enough for the light to be impacted.

Some pictures.

There is a manual off switch but only on if not horizontal. It goes out well before funk lid is closed.
Possible issue that a 90 degree angled screw driver will be needed to remove screws to change battery as the sides of the recess are close to the screws.
IMG_0042.jpg

Thickness is less than the recess in the seat pan. Again that may be where the peak of a helmet may want to be but my helmet will never be in the frunk.
IMG_0044.jpg

Took another shot in the dark. Plenty of light and aimed at the right spot.
IMG_0047.jpg

I have a hocky puck light that I got from Menard's,sticks to the same place you put yours.there is a flat spot at that point.mine you push for on and off.I think it was 2.99 for two of them.they do come in handy,and work as long as you don't use the frunk for a helmet.

One of the things I like about it is with the frunk lid open 90 degrees the lights point right at the open frunk and not in my eyes. Notice in picture the handlebars are right at the edge of the light beam.

11607d1393632528-frunk-light-img_0047.jpg

Fuzzy,

You can also use velcro, either the soft material or hard plastic kind, to make removal easier for battery changes. I suspect the batteries will last a long time though...

Back