• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fuel Controller

FWIW, these same guys looked for Burgman 650 volunteers on BurgmanUSA. At first no one took them up on it, thinking it was a scam. Finally, someone did. They became a very happy camper.

These guys are for real and will treat your bike right.

Chris

I am up for this if you still need a bike. I am pretty weak and don't ride the bike much anyway.

In all my years is SoCal, even with one of the very first Honda Interceptors, I never once got an offer like this from a respected company that I know from my sport bike days. But the minute I end up in Florida BAM this happens. I would have ran over people to get there and get a custom install and maps, damn talk about bad timing. Well if you guys are going to look for a solid BETA test before you go to market, sign me up and I'll give you tons of feedback, test points and all that other industry jargon.

not being nasty here, but... at the rate these hot cakes are selling, wouldn't it be possible for a steady firm to buy a bike, make the mods and showcase it?
These days I see more NC700s than BMwhees on the road.

I wouldn't guinea pig my horse stable just because somebody promises a few ponies. (would buy your product if it works though)

not being nasty here, but... at the rate these hot cakes are selling, wouldn't it be possible for a steady firm to buy a bike, make the mods and showcase it?
These days I see more NC700s than BMwhees on the road.

I wouldn't guinea pig my horse stable just because somebody promises a few ponies. (would buy your product if it works though)

Duuuude, how many bikes are the poor sods supposed to buy to "showcase", lol? They would be too broke to make profit and have either a zillion bikes laying around crowding the place up, or have to hire more peeps just to try to continuously sell the gigantic inventory of motorcycles, hee hee. :p

Welcome to the Forum, btw! :D

Besides, increasing overhead and passing the costs to you and me would certainly turn us away and make it tougher for companies to survive. By minimizing overhead (cuts cost and medium/small companies may be able to survive especially in this day and age) we also reap the benefits.

I am not sweating it one bit, but then again I have been known to let people I don't even know ride my bikes to get more people in to the sport. I am in Socal a bike Mecca and I have not seen one on the road yet. Not sure what the sales figures are like here. Anyway looking forward to posting the real world results soon.

true, true - I wouldn't suggest it if I had a Diavel or something, but NCs are getting veeeery popular around here! I see 2/3/4 a day on my short trips! And they are not the same ones either. See buying one as an investment, you can even use it to make errand runs with its frunk :)

true, true - I wouldn't suggest it if I had a Diavel or something, but NCs are getting veeeery popular around here! I see 2/3/4 a day on my short trips! And they are not the same ones either. See buying one as an investment, you can even use it to make errand runs with its frunk :)

The frunk is awesome. I think embarrassingly to date I have done more shopping trips than real rides, but am still enjoying it!

In the Vstrom world we have a person that makes hard parts ( fork braces,centerstands etc ) and he barrows a bike,makes the part and gives you back your bike WITH the part installed for free.He tries to use a different bike everytime to spread the love around...Great deal !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, it's been a very busy past couple of weeks, but last Friday we finally wrapped up testing on the NC700X! Still finalizing a few things before bring the kit to market. This bike had some interesting fueling characteristics; in most ranges it ran lean, as expected. But once it got above 80% throttle it starts to absolutely dump fuel into the cylinders. So in the top end I took fuel away to get power, and in the low and mid ranges I added fuel to get power. I know some of you were hoping I'd get 10hp out of this bike, but that would have been an astronomical 25% increase in power, which is almost unheard of for gains from just fuel tuning. However we did get a 4.6% gain in power and 2.3% gain in torque. This is a fairly standard increase. A 600cc sport bike making 100hp stock will get anywhere from 4-5hp from fuel tuning alone. On the dyno graph posted below you'll see two 100% throttle runs (Bazzaz Map vs Stock Map) and two 50% runs. Because the power map I made did add so much fuel to the cruising ranges, about 25%, I made a second map that only has the fuel modification to the top end, where it's taking fuel out of the stock map. This way if you're just cruising on the highway you can still get your standard fuel millage. But seeing how it was running anywhere between 14.5:1 and 15.5:1 I did not attempt to tune it any leaner.

Here's the dyno chart:
Untitled-1-1_zps1f9aaa6e.jpg

Thanks for all your hard work and effort! :cool:

Could you enlarge picture or link to a larger one? Cheers :D

Last edited:
So this was a completely stock bike? Manual or Automatic? Also, any chance that an exhaust or intake would make a significant difference?

Back