• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Garage

sumo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A huge advantage, which I have taken for granted, is having a garage. Tools, cleaning supplies, music, warmth, air compressor, electricity, internet, running water and protection from the elements all in a secure lockable space. Being able to start a job one day, turn off the light, and come back to it three days later is fantastic.

I tip my hat to all that make do without a dedicated place to work on their bike.

1.jpg

A huge advantage, which I have taken for granted, is having a garage. Tools, cleaning supplies, music, warmth, air compressor, electricity, internet, running water and protection from the elements all in a secure lockable space. Being able to start a job one day, turn off the light, and come back to it three days later is fantastic.

I tip my hat to all that make do without a dedicated place to work on their bike.

View attachment 33062
You have way too much room! You should think about filling it with at least three other bikes... OK, that might be silly for you, but two bikes is the minimum in my experience.

You're lucky!

I do all mine in a small parking space in a darkly lit shared garage (as you can see from my pictures), or if the weather is nice, my outside assigned parking space.
I have to haul all my tools and parts down several flights of stairs and then back up when done. I usually throw everything I need into a couple of totes.

I'm probably going to do the valves this weekend if it doesn't rain.

You have way too much room! You should think about filling it with at least three other bikes... OK, that might be silly for you, but two bikes is the minimum in my experience.

A Yamaha WR250R but I'd have to give up my wife for it. Hmm...

I've got a nice space too... 20x30 pole barn. No heat yet, but it's pretty legit. Needs some TLC which will be happening as soon as my school semester ends. Going to clean it up, clean the tool box, organize the box, new drawer liners, go through all the machines (mower and 2 4 wheelers... Honda 4-wheelers :)), then going to spruce it up really nice with an epoxy floor coating... real professional like. :cool:

I'll return to this thread once the project is done with some B&A pics, promise.

I work out of a hangar on the airport which is really nice for repairs and regular maintenance, but multiday projects are a no go since I don't want to abuse such a palace!

I mounted a plow on my truck and did my heated grips and hand guards in their so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put heat in mine this winter and added a MC lift. The TA got kicked out but need to do something as a 20 x 24 garage with 5 bikes and a 76 TA is a constant jigsaw puzzle.
299448ae42d7d663f023ee99aa853f27.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've got a nice space too... 20x30 pole barn. No heat yet, but it's pretty legit. Needs some TLC which will be happening as soon as my school semester ends. Going to clean it up, clean the tool box, organize the box, new drawer liners, go through all the machines (mower and 2 4 wheelers... Honda 4-wheelers :)), then going to spruce it up really nice with an epoxy floor coating... real professional like. :cool:

I'll return to this thread once the project is done with some B&A pics, promise.

I'm looking forward to your before and after pics. I think I'll take a stab at cleaning my concrete floor.

Having a 4-car tandem garage unfortunately means moving one car before I can get the NC700X outside. The good thing, though, it that I use the left rear bay as a (relatively clean) tool bench area, while the right rear bay serves as the NC's launch pad.

Lees-garage-w1400.jpg

Lees-2016-NC700XD-scrub-w500.jpg

(Hey, moderators: should we have a "Show us your garage!" thread? ;-)

Having a 4-car tandem garage unfortunately means moving one car before I can get the NC700X outside. The good thing, though, it that I use the left rear bay as a (relatively clean) tool bench area, while the right rear bay serves as the NC's launch pad.

View attachment 33094

View attachment 33095

(Hey, moderators: should we have a "Show us your garage!" thread? ;-)
I looks like a movie set to me... I love it, but I can't do it for myself.

The two motorcycles are on front stands from wheel lock of Stillwater, Oklahoma.

I keep my tools mostly in cases and tool boxes. The stuff hanging up is almost entirely outdoor stuff.
To the left is my ammo stash.
Mower, tractor, clay pigeon thrower in barn.

IMG_0098.jpg

Sticker wall: (spousal unit approval form on file)

IMG_0100.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Back