• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

German Polizei Honda NC700

Interesting, ABS but not DCT. You would think that you'd want that left hand free to hold the mic or the taser.
Indian had it right for police and military. Throttle in left hand, clutch left foot, and leaving right hand free to shoot a gun.......of course there was also the "suicide" shift lever next to tank.

Definitely not. I wouldn't confuse those two. I usually go around the Anaheim and Orange area, where there's more population and pretty much all I see are BMW's. For example at this police motorcycle Rodeo. Look at the bikes there's more than a handful of BMW's. ST1300 is there but all the ones I see in the wealthier Orange County areas are BMW's.

Police motorcycle riders compete for 'Top Gun' : The Orange County Register

Last edited:
Definitely not. I wouldn't confuse those two. I usually go around the Anaheim and Orange area, where there's more population and pretty much all I see are BMW's. For example at this police motorcycle Rodeo. Look at the bikes there's more than a handful of BMW's. ST1300 is there but all the ones I see in the wealthier Orange County areas are BMW's.

Police motorcycle riders compete for 'Top Gun' : The Orange County Register

Okay, I only rode motors in OC for 15 years. Guess I'm wrong

To be fair, the F700GS has more horses, it has the BMW badge and therefore will enlarge certain parts of the human anatomy....
It also costs 20% more.

And probably will have far more reliability problems, going by how many problems BMW have had with the bike since it's introduction.

Last edited:
Hi,
do you have a source for this statement?
:p

A friend is considering the purchase of the F700GS.
Yes, there's plenty of info if you search the net. Early engined bikes loads of barrels and piston replacements for example. I knew a chap who has 2 sets of barrel and pistols within 8k miles. Modern BM's have plenty of niggling faults and electrical problems. BMW do not have the reliability of years gone by. Too many people are over -awed with the BMW badge. I'm not.

You can also Google BMW f800 faults and you'll see there's plenty out there. Now compare that with the NC700 faults which are negligible.

Last edited:
Back