• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Getting a Custom Seat Made Today

I'm also interested in seeing a finished product. Planning on hopefully buy a NC700 next summer when the 2013's come out. I checked into Corbin as that has been what I've run on every cruiser I've had (have). They said they have no plans on making one for this bike, but they would do a custom for me. Since they are in CA and I'm in AZ it would be a good excuse for a road trip. Where is Kingston? If it's Washington State that would be an even better road trip. I'm looking to have something made that will be slightly lower than stock.

Here is the finished product. It is dark grey leather trimmed out with black leather.

Rich moved his shop from the Seattle area to the small town of Kingston about 4 years ago so I am fortunate for him to be only 5 miles from my house. I think he said he tries to do 7 bikes a day and he works 5 days a week so if you do the math he does over 1000 bikes a year. This is custom-fitted to my bottom.

Yes, several want to know the price. Here is how the invoice broke out --

Solo Custom Fitting with gel pad -new seat cover $450
Leather Cover Upgrade $150 (the base price above is a vinyl cover)
Recovered Rear Seat to Match $175
Washington State Sales Tax of 8.60% $66.66
Total $841.66

I will try to gather up the rest of the photos and get them in my gallery this weekend. I will post when they are up.

Attachments

• WP_000241.jpg
    WP_000241.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 671
  • WP_000242.jpg
    WP_000242.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 599
  • WP_000244.jpg
    WP_000244.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 675
  • WP_000246.jpg
    WP_000246.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 696
  • WP_000248.jpg
    WP_000248.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 789
Wow, SP! Nice. I wish I was close to them because I would have them do mine (and make it about an inch shorter). It sucks because there is no one close that I know of that does this. I would hate mail-order as I wouldn't know exactly what I would be getting. Oh well. If that is my only gripe on the bike, then Honda did good for me!

$850 for foam and a new cover? PASS. Thats at least thirty dollars worth of material.. How does that guy sleep at night?

It does look a little uncomfortable...

money-bed.jpg

trey

Back