• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Glass Bead Reflectors- Life Flight Ride

MCN contributor Harry Deitzler penned an article in the March 2016 issue in the Motorcycle Justice section about my accident last August.

I thanked him for spreading the word but am still disappointed the practice probably hasn't been corrected. I told him I was deemed the speeding squid. My 50+ years of motorcycling on that same road fell on deaf ears.

2 minor corrections in the article: I DID see the beads in the daytime before hitting them, but did not recognize what I was looking at and the road is a 12 degree slope.

I missed this original post but just read that article the other day! A terrible, avoidable situation. Good on you for trying to get some positive resolution to it. Very glad you were not hurt worse than you were but getting stuck with that bill certainly sucks. Not fair at all but as he pointed out in the article (as has he has often done) the bias against motorcycles is baked into the legal system. Among all the other risks we assume when we ride this is one more we need to acknowledge.

MCN contributor Harry Deitzler penned an article in the March 2016 issue in the Motorcycle Justice section about my accident last August.

I thanked him for spreading the word but am still disappointed the practice probably hasn't been corrected. I told him I was deemed the speeding squid. My 50+ years of motorcycling on that same road fell on deaf ears.

I just read that.
DANG!
Sorry to hear the "verdict"
Reading the last couple of years of MCN, I am questioning my getting back on bikes again. What with David L Hough saying that "Based on today's fatality rates, driving a motorcycle is 33 times more dangerous than driving a car." (March 2015). And many like that.

Last edited:
....getting stuck with that bill certainly sucks.

I'm retired and on Medicare with a better than average supplemental coverage policy and to date haven't put out any money for my medical bills. The The Life Flight alone to the WVU Trauma Center was $32 large.

The worst outcome for me is my enjoyment of motorcycling is completely gone. This man made hazard that was not there only hours before as I rode to the farm and suddenly appeared on an otherwise perfect day certainly does suck.

Back