• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Goldwing in my future

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have decided to buy a Goldwing. The NC has been AWESOME but its time to go big or go home and I can only have one motorcycle.

What would be a good asking price for my 2012 NC700X Manual with 7,500 miles, All three Honda harbags, Sargeant seats, Cee Baileys, Garmin GPS, Yoshimura RS-3, Honda Centerstand.

Craig

Last edited:
That's too bad, having both is great. My wild guess is maybe around $6k, don't know how the market is in your area.
Going into winter usually brings a lower sale price.

Unless you have a particular GW already picked out, Put a price on it but keep riding it until it sells.
Around here, the dealer can't give them away. I've never seen another one in the wild (from around here).
I wish you luck, those are some good farkles!

If you want to get the most $ for the bike remove the accessories and sell the bike stock. Sell the removed parts on the forum. Most people don't want to buy an altered bike and prefer to do their own mods. Everyone's tastes are different.

That being said sell me your exhaust! :rolleyes:

Boy, the jump from the NC to a Goldwing is a big jump, but if you want to do a lot of touring it's a great way to go. My Honda dealer offered me $5k as a trade-in value for my 2012 manual that is comparably equipped (except for the exhaust) if I would buy a new CTX1300. I didn't do the deal though. But with this trade-in value in mind the $6k mentioned in a previous post sounds like a good retail value. Don't know what to say about what to do with the accessories. On the one hand, you might make more money by selling them off. But, on the other hand, if I was looking to buy a used bike I would be drawn to one that already had these accessories on it.

When I went to trade my FZ1 which had a ton of stuff on it they would only give the trade in value with or without the accessories. The salesman said he would rather have a completely stock bike. When you "modify" your bike the potential buyer may think you ran the crap out of it. That maybe it was some kids bike and he didn't take care of it. Everyone wants a grampa riden motorcycle.

When I went to trade my FZ1 which had a ton of stuff on it they would only give the trade in value with or without the accessories. The salesman said he would rather have a completely stock bike. When you "modify" your bike the potential buyer may think you ran the crap out of it. That maybe it was some kids bike and he didn't take care of it. Everyone wants a grampa riden motorcycle.

very true, part of the ownership of the motorcycle is the fun of working on it and choosing the stuff to put on it

I suppose I could re-install things like the stock exhaust, wind screen, remove the GPS etc....But the Honda Hard bags require the Honda mounting kits and they required slight rear cowl trimming so those have to remain with the bike.

To be honest, I'm baffled as to why these things havent flown off the dealer floors. While I did do a long trip on the NC last summer, the only reason I want to move on to a Goldwing is I'm doing a 3 week cross country trip in the summer and while I can handle an Iron butt run here and there I cannot handle three straight weeks of long days. I owned a 2008 Gold Wing for a short while and its one bike I wish I never sold.

Craig

That luggage sold separately would be worth some good coin. I would take the mounting bracket and luggage off and even though you had to cut the cowl the money you will loose on the trade in won't be anywhere near what you will get when you sell the luggage. When I returned my FZ1 back to stock and sold the accessories I did very well. I had all the add ons sold in less than a month.

You already have the exhaust sold! :rolleyes:

Just realized your in Florida. I'll be in Arcadia with the bike for three week around Christmas and I could ride up and pick up that exhaust! :)

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm baffled as to why these things havent flown off the dealer floors.Craig

They have and still do, but it depends on where you live. In Europe many dealers have waiting lists for the NC. My dealer is sold out until the 2015 models are released, hopefully with the random trip meter resets cured.

So I have decided to buy a Goldwing. The NC has been AWESOME but its time to go big or go home and I can only have one motorcycle.

What would be a good asking price for my 2012 NC700X Manual with 7,500 miles, All three Honda harbags, Sargeant seats, Cee Baileys, Garmin GPS, Yoshimura RS-3, Honda Centerstand.

Craig

Getting a GW is good for a youngster like you. I've got 105K on mine and it runs like brand new. The GL1800riders.com has some good deals on used ones, and I hear some dealers in Arkansas were making huge discounts on new ones. My neighbor was wanting a Harley till he rode my Wing and had found great deals in Little Rock or Jonesboro and wanted me to ride up with him and ride back. He was trading in a 2000 Yamaha 2000cc and getting a heck of a deal but I had scheduled a trip to CO to HU gathering and when I got back someone at the Harley dealership spun a deal on him. For four months now, I've heard him moan and groan about how the HD Electra is not a Wing and he should have waited. I can ask him what dealer and where, as it was a real deal, he had contract from them with 30 day commitment. I love my 02 and have it set up like I like or I'd have done the deal myself, plus I prefer the 01 - 08 models.

Best of luck and many safe miles with the new Goldwing. It's a beautiful bike and you just can't beat the smoothness of the flat-6 not to mention the comfort and luxurious accouterments. I was seriously considering one when I thought my wife would be riding two-up with me more often but now that she's a rider I'll be sticking with the ST for while. Good luck selling the NC.

I have both a GL1800 and an NC700. They are both great bikes. The NC is the solo bike, while the Wing is the two-up bike. Even though I have ridden three times the miles on the NC as the Wing this year, if I had to keep only one bike it would definitely be the Goldwing.

Why don't you just have both?

Greg,

For garage space reasons and insurance cost reasons I can only have one bike....Might as well make it a large one! ;-)

Craig

I have both a GL1800 and an NC700. They are both great bikes. The NC is the solo bike, while the Wing is the two-up bike. Even though I have ridden three times the miles on the NC as the Wing this year, if I had to keep only one bike it would definitely be the Goldwing.

Why don't you just have both?

Greg,

For garage space reasons and insurance cost reasons I can only have one bike....Might as well make it a large one! ;-)

Craig

Amen. Good choice.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Also, maybe I'll see you at the Huntsville, Alabama WingDing in September, 2015. I already have camping reservations.

Craig

This seems to be an epidemic that's going around here, I have seen many other members ditching their NCs lately for different bikes. What is going on here? :confused:

Craig, I still have the Corbin seat that you sold met earlier this year and I'm still loving it.

I am not sure if you seen NaNCy lately, if not here she is, see images below.

I owned 3 Goldwings, 1975 GL1000, 1978 GL1000, and a 1982 GL1100A. They all were great bikes. I wanted a GL1500 almost 20 years ago, but never had the money to get one. Getting married and starting a family stopped that from happening. The latest GL1800 is "BIG BIKE" that would take up half of the garage. I'd rather have 3 bikes of various different types than be tied down to one. That's my own personal views. I'd consider the new FB6 over the full on GL.

Good Luck on your next motorcycle acquisition.

Attachments

• IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Back