• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Good Bye NC700 you have served me well

Very impressive machines but in my eyes No Leaning= No fun
and no, I am not talking about any extravagant angles.
I suppose that trying to hold onto the beast leaning your body in the twisties may be quite tiring.

Wouldn't be much cheaper and easier overall to get a second NC?

Very impressive machines but in my eyes No Leaning= No fun
and no, I am not talking about any extravagant angles.
I suppose that trying to hold onto the beast leaning your body in the twisties may be quite tiring.

Wouldn't be much cheaper and easier overall to get a second NC?

have a few friends that ride them, they just stay off twisties...... = no fun

My wife's description of the Spyder ride is that it's too "jiggly". Having three tracks instead of a single track means all three wheels are seeing different imperfections in the road, and the machine jiggles side to side, something a motorcycle won't do.

Anyway, enjoy the new ride, hang on tight in the corners, and try to forget all that you learned about counter steering!

Peace and enjoy the new machine. If it means you get to spend time together that's a real good thing.

Met a couple from Texas riding all the way to Glacier NP, they really loved it. I'd say that distance is enough to know ; }

Best wishes!

Wish you the best with your new toy. Its about what makes you happy. I have personally never met an unhappy Can AM owner. I'm sure you'll love it.

So I picked it up today, and well all I can say is that it was fun, relaxing comfortable etc, I had test drove the F3 which was wild, this is just cool, it is interesting that the first time you ride it, your like I gotta get off this but as you learn the ins and outs it becomes quite evident that the machine can do a lot more. At 1330cc this thing is super fast, through the years I have had a Night Hawk 450 custom a SV650S crotch rocket that I could fly on, the NC700XA and now this, it was time I don't think the corners are an issue, if you see this things racing you can see they can do the job, once you learn the feel of the machine I can see it being even more fun, I will still be doing the turns on some of those awesome roads south of me in PA, and NY, and given the wife can come on the rides they will be farther and more adventures await.
Anyone interested in a NC700 cover in mint condition in the Ontario area, let me know and I will part with it at an awesome discount from list thumb_IMG_1942_1024.jpg

Congrats! I owned an 2010 RS for a similar reason; my wife would not get on a motorcycle. In the two years I had the Spyder she went for rides 6 times. So I sold it and got the NC two years later. I wish I could say it's as fun as a bike but it's not. You'll miss the bike in the twisties and if it's the same as it was then, expect to get your balls broken by other (but not all) bikers. Oh and change out the stock muffler for a performance one. I installed the Can-Am, not so street legal muffler and it was like a whole new and much better roadster.

I saw a guy yesterday with one. He was towing a small tent trailer and had his mountain bike standing on the top of the tent trailer.

I find the Spyder's interesting. I need to get through my 3 year learners/novice program here in Saskatchewan Canada but after that my wife can ride with me. We have pondered the Spyder or a Goldwing for the future. The reason I am curious about the Spyder is that I will be 3 years older by then and having 3 wheels on the ground rather than two, seems like it might be more relaxing, especially with 2 people on the bike. Have fun with it and come back and tell us how it is on long trips.

Back