• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Goodbye to the grey NC700X

Hey what a coincidence.
I am in the middle of a color change as well.
In green no less.

In case you can't tell it is a satin finish.

I went the El cheapo supreme spray bomb route as I will be doing some off roading and expect the paint to get pretty beat up.
When it does I strip it and reapply.
I did at least spring for some high end spray paint.

I started with a vinyl wrap in the same color but it was not easy and terribly time consuming so I bailed after completing the first large panel.

I am however pretty pleased with the results.
Spray paint has come a long way in the last 5 years.

Hello, am new here, and getting ready for a 10 day 2700 miles trip of camping into the smokies from Virginia to NC TN GA and back to Florida.

I see your lime squeeze beauty has most of the accessories I would like to get, and I wonder if you can explain what they are specific model, where to get them and how much do they run for...

1. The windshield bracket? From my readings finding one that works is like magic, just because it is tall and wide doesn't mean it will work, but the bracket that articulate could be more versatile and actually make the original stock work.

2. What kind of front seat is that. Sargent? Is it worth the investment? Where and how much?

3. The rear sear flat metal tray, did you make that or that is a product that can actually be purchased, that will really help me with carrying the tend and sleeping bag.

4. The trunk bracket, which model did you get? Where and how much?

5. That red thing on the back, is that a gas container, is it hooked up to feed the fuel system automatically?

6. The hand guard, I really like those, where and how much?

I am already up to my head with the daily expenses for this trip, but I got to make this bike work better for me, and the stock seat is am issue as well as the wind buffering. Also, I already have an old rear trunk to adapt, I just need the most inexpensive bracket available to install it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hello, am new here, and getting ready for a 10 day 2700 miles trip of camping into the smokies from Virginia to NC TN GA and back to Florida.

I see your lime squeeze beauty has most of the accessories I would like to get, and I wonder if you can explain what they are specific model, where to get them and how much do they run for...

1. The windshield bracket? From my readings finding one that works is like magic, just because it is tall and wide doesn't mean it will work, but the bracket that articulate could be more versatile and actually make the original stock work.

2. What kind of front seat is that. Sargent? Is it worth the investment? Where and how much?

3. The rear sear flat metal tray, did you make that or that is a product that can actually be purchased, that will really help me with carrying the tend and sleeping bag.

4. The trunk bracket, which model did you get? Where and how much?

5. That red thing on the back, is that a gas container, is it hooked up to feed the fuel system automatically?

6. The hand guard, I really like those, where and how much?

I am already up to my head with the daily expenses for this trip, but I got to make this bike work better for me, and the stock seat is am issue as well as the wind buffering. Also, I already have an old rear trunk to adapt, I just need the most inexpensive bracket available to install it.

I have two NC700s. This one pictured is my second one and was modified heavily by the previous owner (40 modified parts, by my count). I don't have every detail on what items were sourced where.

The windshield system is the original Madstad version. They are on a second generation mount now but it's very similar.

The seat you see is a Shad. You can buy it if you want. I have it there only as a temporary. This one has only been used for maybe 50 miles. The seat on my other NC is a Saddleman, which I like better but it's not perfect. I've also tried Sargent and Seat Concepts but they didn't work for me. Seats are a personal thing.

The rear seat cargo carrier is made by our forum member HONDABIKEPRO, who's has his own subforum here. I think it costs something like $250.

The luggage hardware and rear rack on this bike is Caribou and it supports Pelican side cases. This bike does not currently have a top box or mount for one.

The gas container is a standalone Rotopax 1.75 gallon. It is not plumbed to the fuel tank.

The hand guards are Probend. I didn't buy them so I have no idea how much they cost or where they came from. My other bike has Cycle Gear handguards which are a good value at $50 or less when "on sale" which is 50% of the time.

Last edited:
I have two NC700s. This one pictured is my second one and was modified heavily by the previous owner (40 modified parts, by my count). I don't have every detail on what items were sourced where.

The windshield system is the original Madstad version. They are on a second generation mount now but it's very similar.

The seat you see is a Shad. You can buy it if you want. I have it there only as a temporary. This one has only been used for maybe 50 miles. The seat on my other NC is a Saddleman, which I like better but it's not perfect. I've also tried Sargent and Seat Concepts but they didn't work for me. Seats are a personal thing.

The rear seat cargo carrier is made by our forum member HONDABIKEPRO, who's has his own subforum here. I think it costs something like $250.

The luggage hardware and rear rack on this bike is Caribou and it supports Pelican side cases. This bike does not currently have a top box or mount for one.

The gas container is a standalone Rotopax 1.75 gallon. It is not plumbed to the fuel tank.

The hand guards are Probend. I didn't buy them so I have no idea how much they cost or where they came from. My other bike has Cycle Gear handguards which are a good value at $50 or less when "on sale" which is 50% of the time.
Thanks for the quick detail response, good info, will check out the $50 handguard.

The luggage hardware and rear rack on this bike is Caribou and it supports Pelican side cases.
that, I think would be a Hepco & Becker LOCK-IT setup, what caribou recommends as the most durable yet removable rack set for Caribou systems.

Back