• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

GoPro Hero3+ Upgrade!

I'm going for it when available at B&H. I was almost going to pull the trigger when they dropped the price of the 3 Black edition but then waited as I suspected they may announce one that superseded it.

GoPro has a rep for great video, but is it worth the dough

I've considered it, however, for my purposes it has too much surface area for higher speeds. I'm mounting mine on the side of my helmet. The Hero3 is pretty bad too, but the availability of aerodynamic cameras is limited.

I've considered it, however, for my purposes it has too much surface area for higher speeds. I'm mounting mine on the side of my helmet...

I've pretty much given up on the idea of mounting a Hero3 cam on the side of my helmet - adds too much torque to my almost completely healed neck. I'm currently trying to find a place either on the chin piece or maybe the forehead area of my helmet. Either place would reduce the amount of drag felt (especially the drag to one side or the other) from the camera. And if I go with a forehead mount, I might be able to figure out a way to actually mount the camera upside down from up there, bringing it out and down, maybe even providing a little sun shade as I ride (always a nice thing in southern Arizona).

I've pretty much given up on the idea of mounting a Hero3 cam on the side of my helmet - adds too much torque to my almost completely healed neck. I'm currently trying to find a place either on the chin piece or maybe the forehead area of my helmet. Either place would reduce the amount of drag felt (especially the drag to one side or the other) from the camera. And if I go with a forehead mount, I might be able to figure out a way to actually mount the camera upside down from up there, bringing it out and down, maybe even providing a little sun shade as I ride (always a nice thing in southern Arizona).

Get a grab bag worth of extensions and try mounting the GoPro on the chin bar of the helmet. I put the mounting tab right next to the chin vent and mount the GoPro in front of the chin vent, just below the face shield. Worth a try

I've been considering other locations, however, it doesn't seem like there is really a good way to mount it to the helmet. I wish they would release a good helmet with one... I can see putting my helmet next to my computer at work every day to charge it :).

Back