• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got up to 69 mpg!

I've always put 87 rated gas in. (the manual says 86 or higher owner's manual pg. 146 under "fuel". Yes, I see it says "or higher").
Any advantage to the higher grade?

The only advantage is a lighter wallet. The weight saved will surely lead to +10 mpg. It's tough to read sarcasm so anything in italics is ment to be sarcastic

Last edited:
I've always put 87 rated gas in. (the manual says 86 or higher owner's manual pg. 146 under "fuel". Yes, I see it says "or higher").
Any advantage to the higher grade?

The most common advantage to buying a higher grade fuel than needed appears to a heightened mental state of satisfaction, because you believe you did something good for the bike, and you believe it performs better because of it.

As far as any actual, real advantage on the NC700X, . . . no.

Greg

Last edited:
filled up at 196 miles , 2.88 gal's = 68
ok it;s the only 5 time so it seems to be their
1 st 58 mpg
2nd 64
3 rd 68
4 th 68
i't should be dropping now that i put on the nadstad wind screen..

on my last ride out with some spirited riding in sports mode and two up ,
I got 66.5 uk mpg.
had a nice little run out today we did 85 miles and on my second bar down.

that,s why I bought this bike. I ride mine real easy. I think i'm get much better than that. I love commuting on it. I traded a 2004 wing that loved tires and gas. I was riding it less and less because my vette only burns slightly more fuel and the tires last three times as long. now I'm riding a lot more.

I have a 20 mile commute to work (40 mile round trip). Considering to the 15 to 17 mpg I get in my truck or van, and the near 70mpg I am averaging on the bike...
I only need to ride my bike to work 9 times a month to cover my $73 bike payment (I put 3k down and paid 7k out the door).

I figure the bike is paying for MOST of itself, if not all in the 5 year life of the loan. Of course that will include all the miles I ride it, not just the commute miles to work.

Well..... as long as you don't add in all the farkels I've been adding :D LOL

filled up at 196 miles , 2.88 gal's = 68
ok it;s the only 5 time so it seems to be their
1 st 58 mpg
2nd 64
3 rd 68
4 th 68
i't should be dropping now that i put on the nadstad wind screen..

Most people assume windshields add drag. They forget total drag is relative to frontal area. Windshields don't add any more frontal area than the human body adds anyways unless they go above your head. In fact by smoothing the airflow around the body they effectively lengthen the overall air path around the body. Theoretically this should increase mpg's. In practice really though you'll find windshields more or less don't effect mpg's on motorcycles.

When touring, gas mileage is king. That why NC700 is "King Of The Road!"

I see where your coming from bad sadly in my case after 150 - 180 miles my left knee and ankle start to get painfull so need a ten minute break. this usually means filling the bike and emptying me by which time I'm ready to go again

I see where your coming from bad sadly in my case after 150 - 180 miles my left knee and ankle start to get painfull so need a ten minute break. this usually means filling the bike and emptying me by which time I'm ready to go again

Hey, out of curiousity, what actually is the tank range and usual mpg you get out of the new baby? Any changes from your earlier model Deauvilles and new? Still glad about switching back? Anything you miss from the NCX trial? :D

As the DV usually only gets used for the commute I fill up every other day which is around 150 miles. I have stretched it to 200 but my filling routine is so conveniant. I tended to do the same on the NC anyway. No regrets about changing back although at times I do miss the frunk.
my comments about stoping to give my knee and ankle a break and a stretch was directed at my longer rides on my CBF1000 FA

As the DV usually only gets used for the commute I fill up every other day which is around 150 miles. I have stretched it to 200 but my filling routine is so conveniant. I tended to do the same on the NC anyway. No regrets about changing back although at times I do miss the frunk.
my comments about stoping to give my knee and ankle a break and a stretch was directed at my longer rides on my CBF1000 FA

Thanks mate :)

200 miles at least, sounds perfectly reasonable to me as far as your wants and needs go. The trunk would be a huge miss for me, it's my favourite thing. A happy coincidence of design that was very high on my wish list, strangely enough.

I must admit the comfort weather protection and shaft drive outweigh the loss of the frunk. As far as fuel is concerned I get 55 - 60 MPG imperial

No doubt! I can definitely see those certain items being more preferential to your requirements.

My "mission statement" for the NCX almost couldn't have been more perfectly tailored to it's design, and my want list. :cool:

My first tank came out to 79 mpg on our 55 mph and under roads, but that could be wrong because the dealer might have topped it off. Been logging some miles with my wife so it will come down next time.

My best is 69.0 and the worst has been 62.6 and that was my first tank. My average is 66.4 That is running around Tampa Bay which is notorious for long stoplights.

Back