• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Belgium! (Also, Honda NC700S!)

ShockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I'm happy to join this lovely community because about 2 months ago I've purchased a brand new Honda NC700S in pearl sunbeam white and have since driven it about 2500 kilometers all around the country as a daily driver and some longer trips as well.

I know most of you here drive the X version instead of the S, I'll be happy to enlighten you on any questions you may have!

mc_nc700s_024_2012_g.jpg

^^

Shock Doc

There's a lot of love available for your machine! :)

[video=youtube;NNC0kIzM1Fo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Belated Welcome to this forum. September issue of Bike has a review of the NC700S. Enjoy your new machine!

Welcome to the forum and please tell me what the difference is between an S and an X?

The seat height of an S is about 4 centimeters (1.5 inches) lower than seat height of the NC700X. Seat is different as well. It has a more sporty feel to it thanks to lower ground clearance and shorter travel front suspension. It is more of a naked bike. Was about 700 euro cheaper than the X would have turned out to be.

Came with ABS as standard here, manual transmission and 2 years of warranty for the very cheap price of 5690 euro.

The seat height of an S is about 4 centimeters (1.5 inches) lower than seat height of the NC700X. Seat is different as well. It has a more sporty feel to it thanks to lower ground clearance and shorter travel front suspension. It is more of a naked bike. Was about 700 euro cheaper than the X would have turned out to be.

Came with ABS as standard here, manual transmission and 2 years of warranty for the very cheap price of 5690 euro.

That looks like the X here in the states. Could one of our European brothers post a pic of the S and X together so we can see the difference.

Hi ShockDoc!
Welcome to the jungle...I mean roads....here.
:D
~Joe

PS: Another difference I read somewhere, is that you CANNOT ride with tanklid unlatched. I do that 100% of the time with the X.
Easy to reach for my water bottle at stop lights. :p

Last edited:
Hi ShockDoc!
Welcome to the jungle...I mean roads....here.
:D
~Joe

PS: Another difference I read somewhere, is that you CANNOT ride with tanklid unlatched. I do that 100% of the time with the X.
Easy to reach for my water bottle at stop lights. :p

Hmm I can ride with the thing unlatched, but at greater speeds it is possible it will fly open and scare you half to death.

Taking a drink at the traffic lights in the UK could open you to a charge of driving without due care & attention or not being in full control of the bike. having been hit from behind previously I would rather be keeping my attention on the traffic arround me

Back