• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Virginia

Catbird

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello -

I just registered because I'm seriously considering the purchase of either the NC700 DCT or XTC 700 in the not-too-distant future.

I've been riding since the early 1970s and have owned a variety of bikes over the years:
1971 Honda CB350 twin
1976 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
1996 BMW R1100RT
2005 BMW R1200RT (current)
Vespa 300 GTS (current).

It's my intention to downsize and sell my BMW since I'm no longer into touring or long distance riding.

I was going to go with a two animal forum name also, but I was leaning towards DogHare, or ElephantAss, but decided to go with half names instead... lol

Welcome from East Texas!

Thank you everyone.

I'm located approximately halfway between D.C. and Richmond -- in the Stafford/Fredericksburg area.

Darn, a bit too far away for me to offer a test ride on the NC. Regardless, if you pass through SW VA on a ride, let me know. I may join you for a leg of your journey.

Glad to see you made it over here. Let us know when you decide on an NC or CT.
Thanks for the tip directing me to this forum.

Today, I plan on making some phone calls to Honda m/c dealers w/in a reasonable distance from my home and see what they currently have in stock or expect in the near future.

At this point, it's difficult for me to make an intelligent decision on either the NC or CT w/out at least sitting on them. :confused:

Back