• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Western Washington

NickV

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! After a bit of research on new machines, I went out and picked up a 2012 NC700X that had been sitting on the floor of a local dealer with 10 miles on it. Full luggage, Honda ("touring") windshield, center stand...not a bad commuter set up. I also have a 1999 Harley Road King. The gripes I heard about the rev limiter really aren't an issue for me as the big bike red lines at 5500. I try to make it to the event in the Ballard area of Seattle every third Weds (backfire Motorcycle - Main) and I hope to meet some of the locals from this board there. Drop a line if you do head that way or are on the Wet side of the state at any time!

Cheers

NickV

Welcome to a world of fun.

There is another 2012 with full Honda luggage and accent panels at the dealer in Macon, GA. Zero miles as they don't do dealer service until sold. I know they would be willing to deal with a prospective buyer.

Hello everyone! After a bit of research on new machines, I went out and picked up a 2012 NC700X that had been sitting on the floor of a local dealer with 10 miles on it. Full luggage, Honda ("touring") windshield, center stand...not a bad commuter set up. I also have a 1999 Harley Road King. The gripes I heard about the rev limiter really aren't an issue for me as the big bike red lines at 5500. I try to make it to the event in the Ballard area of Seattle every third Weds (backfire Motorcycle - Main) and I hope to meet some of the locals from this board there. Drop a line if you do head that way or are on the Wet side of the state at any time!

Cheers

NickV
6.jpg

Howdy from Texas! You folks sure have some great riding county in Washington state. No excuse not to RIDE!

SmileyCowboyBrownHat.jpg

00.jpg

Welcome from Oregon. The rev-limiter has never been an issue with me either. I too live on the wet side of the state.

Bothell checking in. My NC700X got about 8000 miles of commute last year and 3000 of just fun. I'm hoping to bring the fun miles up a bit more this summer. BTW, the NC700X is great on Ranier, Baker, teh Cascade Loop, the Penninsula, the Oregon coast and all points between. Let me know when you are riding and I'll come along. Welcome to the forum! :)

Dan

Bothell? We're in the same region - I'm just north in unicorp Snohomish Co. My leather has a white ribbon on the right shoulder under a medallion (a Jacobite reference, for Scottish historians/separatists). Hope we can connect at some point.

Thanks to all the well wishers!

Welcome from just south of you, near Tacoma. I also have another bike (Yamaha FJR1300) in addition to the NC700XD that my wife thinks is her bike (but I put more miles on it than her).

I know some of my fellow FJR1300 riders go to backfire moto and I've been meaning to get up there also. I'll ride the NC to throw them off. ;)

Coming from the Harley, I can see why you don't have an issue with the low redline on the NC700. Harley's also have low redlines and there's nothing gained by reving them high. But for those of us coming off sportbikes with redlines as high as 14,000, we are looking for the adrenaline rush that occurs at higher rpm when those engines are at their peak horsepower and you feel like your arms are being ripped out of their sockets. :) The NC just requires an adjustment of expectations.

Agree. It actually reminds me of my first bike, a 1400 Intruder. May seem odd, but it does, with regard to the power delivery. I had a GPZ 1100 after that, then a ZX9r. The NC reminds me of the Intruder for power (actually a bit better), the GPZ for seating position, and the Ninja for handling - a near perfect ride!

Back