• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Guess I am done until a luggage system calls my name or it gets cold and I need a win

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
1. Swmotech skid plate.
2. SW motech crash bars.
3. SW motech aul luggage rack.
4. Heated grips, factory
5. 1" tusk handlebar riser.
6. Denali d2 dual beam headlights. They come with just an on-off switch, which is odd for a dual beam set. We wired the switch between the battery and the stock high low, so I can turn them off as well as dim them.

1. Swmotech skid plate.
2. SW motech crash bars.
3. SW motech aul luggage rack.
4. Heated grips, factory
5. 1" tusk handlebar riser.
6. Denali d2 dual beam headlights. They come with just an on-off switch, which is odd for a dual beam set. We wired the switch between the battery and the stock high low, so I can turn them off as well as dim them.

All done? You're lucky Honda built the seat for your butt. :)

Wait... so this is the guy? Hold on a sec, let me sharpen my pitchfork here...

All kidding aside (most kidding aside), congrats on getting it setup to your liking.

Not sure your needs from a luggage system, but I heartily recommend the Caribou/Givi/Pelican Storm system. It's served me pretty well for the past two years. That's the Givi side case and top case rack with Caribou side case (DIY) adapter kit installed on Pelican Storm 2600 cases. I have a Givi v46 top case that I occasionally use (when I expect to need to lock my lid away from the elements). It's a pretty neat setup.

1250+ miles on it and one 250 mile day and I'm not finding the seat to be an issue. If I slide forward on it, it's because I'm not properly gripping the frunk with my legs when slowing down. Maybe the new shape of the 2016 fairings helps with that? Could use a grip pad there.

I could use some more wind deflection and some highway pegs (I get knee cramps if I don't straighten them.) Those are next on my list, then luggage. Seat's last. :)

Try a 500 mile day and get back to us. You and Dave may very well be the only two that Honda made this seat for.

Try a 500 mile day and get back to us. You and Dave may very well be the only two that Honda made this seat for.
Tis true I rode the stock 2012 seat for 25,000 miles with just the Showkey mod but when I bought the 2015 it had a Sargent on it in less than a week.

1250+ miles on it and one 250 mile day and I'm not finding the seat to be an issue. If I slide forward on it, it's because I'm not properly gripping the frunk with my legs when slowing down. Maybe the new shape of the 2016 fairings helps with that? Could use a grip pad there.

I could use some more wind deflection and some highway pegs (I get knee cramps if I don't straighten them.) Those are next on my list, then luggage. Seat's last. :)

I've got the SW Motech crash bars, and I'll tell you from experience it's hard finding highway pegs to fit those bars. The bars are 27mm diameter, and virtually all highway pegs are designed for 1" diameter (too small) or 1.25" (too big). The ones I finally installed and that work, are these Highway Pegs. They are very inexpensive, and can be made to fit the 27mm diameter bars -- you will need to tighten these puppies down A LOT to prevent them from moving once you're feet are on them, but they work very well once tightened.

Actually I do need to do something about the seat. Right now I have an Airhawk R on it and that helps a lot.
I forgot that in the list, I guess because it is not made of metal.

The AirHawk was all I needed for my NC to be comfortable on long rides (or short rides -LOL!)

I recommend the Madstad bracket and any touring windshield. I also added a Puig adjustable visor and it worked wonders.

No, you're never done.....

I've got the SW Motech crash bars, and I'll tell you from experience it's hard finding highway pegs to fit those bars. The bars are 27mm diameter, and virtually all highway pegs are designed for 1" diameter (too small) or 1.25" (too big). The ones I finally installed and that work, are these Highway Pegs. They are very inexpensive, and can be made to fit the 27mm diameter bars -- you will need to tighten these puppies down A LOT to prevent them from moving once you're feet are on them, but they work very well once tightened.

I was thinking about these: MFW Footpeg Clamp set for crash bars with 0.85in to 1.125in (21mm to 28mm) diameter, pair, black | TwistedThrottle.com

Those might work - maybe someone will chime in that's used them. At $165 (mounts plus the choice of pegs) that was way more than I was looking to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures???

How did you mount the Denali lights, to the crash bar or under the beak?

I mounted mine with a $35 bar made for the nc700x by Denali:
aa810ef61585016f478c28f99cf3d828.jpg

It bolts to the same place under the beak as the oem light bar so I don't think you could have the both without some modification. I have the 2016 bar, it's black, but won't be putting it on just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the Denali mount as well. You remove the plastic triangle under the beak and there are two holes there.

I had the bike in for 600 mile service and the mechanic said, "Those lights are badass." We wired from battery to Denali off-on switch, then to the bike's high low, so I actually have three settings, off, high, low. They are very, very bright and make the factory headlight look pale and yellow. I need to replace it with an LED.

Back