• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

H-D Heritage: Willie G. Davidson’s “Ride Free” Memoir

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Harley-Davidson heritage is about to be saturated with new material, thanks to the new book written by the son/grandson of two generations’ worth of Davidsons: Bike designer and all-around cool dude, Willie G. Davidson.

Willie is currently still an ambassador for the American bike brand, having taken on the role of Chief Styling Officer Emeritus after stepping down from his previous position as HD’s former Senior VP (via Wikipedia).

One of the many photographs that grace Willie G. Davidson's new memoir, Ride Free. Media sourced from the original press release.
One of the many photographs that grace Willie G. Davidson's new memoir, Ride Free. Media sourced from the original press release.

One of the many photographs that grace Willie G. Davidson’s new memoir, “Ride Free.” Media sourced from the original press release.

A third-gen employee and the sole designer of Harley’s Super Glide and the Low Rider, Willie has had his entire working life steeped in his father and grandfather’s legacy, making him the perfect bloke to publish a memoir on never-before-seen HD bike art, paintings, and the man’s leap into the racing industry.

A 1977 Harley-Davidson FXS Low Rider, designed by Willie G. Davidson. Media sourced from the National Motorcycle Museum.
A 1977 Harley-Davidson FXS Low Rider, designed by Willie G. Davidson. Media sourced from the National Motorcycle Museum.

“I wanted to share my story with fans of Harley-Davidson and anyone who loves motorcycles… but I also wanted to share my artwork, which has always been a big part of my life,” explains Davidson.

“I started competing in enduros during high school, and Nancy would cheer me on – I was just extending the family tradition: both my father and my great-uncle Walter had been endurance-run champions. I competed in local events, never in a national, but I won a few trophies. When I traded up to a 165cc bike my senior year, I became more of a threat in those competitions.”

Willie G. Davidson's new memoir, Ride Free. Media sourced from the original press release.
Willie G. Davidson's new memoir, Ride Free. Media sourced from the original press release.

Willie G. Davidson’s new memoir, “Ride Free.” Media sourced from the original press release.

“Ride Free” will become available on August first, via Willie’s website, with pre-orders receiving the additional perk of a free, readable chapter prior to the launch.

A big congrats from the team here at WBW, and be sure to check out that book, y’all.

*Media sourced from the relevant press release, Willie G. Davidson’s website and the National Motorcycle Museum*​

The post H-D Heritage: Willie G. Davidson’s “Ride Free” Memoir appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Back