• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Had to break down and get a new seat...

Danimal

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered my new seat and pillion from Seat Concepts. They were the cheapest and from the sound of it (reviews) a pretty good product.

Anyone have one of theirs that can post up comments?

Wife and I took a 200 mile ride and our asses were killing us. She gave me the green light for the purchase ;)

She's not going to be happy with you... The Seat Concept only reform the front seat. The pylon is just a matching cover.

There's a few good threads on it in the Mods forum with lots of reviews and pictures.

Well, hey, at least it'll match! When I asked them about a passenger seat, they told me that there just wasn't enough interest in it for the retooling. I've got to figure something else out for my gal, but I'm pretty happy with the Seat Concepts front half so far.

Try the Saddlemen setup, $185 though Dennis Kirk. Bought mine the other day and installed it last night, provides new foam and covers for both the rider and passenger, MUCH better seat.

Mike

Well... after my last couple of trips (just 1-3 day trips) realized I NEEDED a different seat. After researching "seats" or even going custom ..... I "bit the bullet" on ordering a "Seat Concepts" this morning. Robert was really good and we talked about what I needed in comfort !!! I had a "Seat Concepts" on my KLR and knew the quality of their products so look forward to THIS seat !!
Hopefully I get it before my holidays start on the 16th so I can go on a bike trip !!! LOL

Well, hey, at least it'll match! When I asked them about a passenger seat, they told me that there just wasn't enough interest in it for the retooling. I've got to figure something else out for my gal, but I'm pretty happy with the Seat Concepts front half so far.

I have the same problem. Wife does not like the stock passenger seat. I'm planning to use the Bill Mayer Ergo seat pad ... in the back! I still have mine from before buying the Sargent seat, and it looks like a good match.
The grab rails support the seat pad's overlap.
Wife holds on to one of those "belts with handles" that I wear.

I admit that two-up rides, for us, are VERY rare. She says, when I figure out how to get the rear seat from a Goldwing on to the NC, she'll go on longer rides!

I have the same problem. Wife does not like the stock passenger seat. I'm planning to use the Bill Mayer Ergo seat pad ... in the back! I still have mine from before buying the Sargent seat, and it looks like a good match.
The grab rails support the seat pad's overlap.
Wife holds on to one of those "belts with handles" that I wear.

I admit that two-up rides, for us, are VERY rare. She says, when I figure out how to get the rear seat from a Goldwing on to the NC, she'll go on longer rides!

HA! My wife says almost the same thing, except it is "When you get a GoldWing, I'll ride with you" :D

HA! My wife says almost the same thing, except it is "When you get a GoldWing, I'll ride with you" :D

Sounds like your wife is telling you to go ahead and get a Goldwing! Take her up on the offer now.

2014 Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi XM ABS
Candy Red
MSRP $28,137.95

That's almost 3 times the cost of my NCX....arghhh....color me cheapskate yellow :D

Mines at an upholsterer now since Friday. :(

Hoping they get to it before before Friday. They are also adding padding to the pillion seat. I'll post up picks when I het it back on.

2014 Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi XM ABS
Candy Red
MSRP $28,137.95

That's almost 3 times the cost of my NCX....arghhh....color me cheapskate yellow :D

A used 2001 or 2002 GL1800 might go for $8K or $9K. That's not much more than a new NC, and probably the same cost as a farkled NC. Age or mileage won't matter on a 'Wing since they last forever.

I would never ask my wife to ride along on the NC's paltry pillion when the GL1800 is parked right beside it.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is. Best $148 I ever spent. Completely different ride. Sitting on top of the bike now not slumped into it. I even had to adjust my handlebars back because I am no longer sliding forward into the frunk. I'm 6' 4" and it added 1-1/2 to 2" of seat height which I needed. Feels similar to my buddy's GS1000.

The upholsterer added foam to the pillion seat for the missus. Now if Seat Concepts can manage to do a pillion to match their drivers seat they'll have something. Upholsterer can add foam for a price. To me it was worth it. Just money Seat Concepts is losing out on.

Here are the picks. Bravo Seat Concepts.20140807_183057_resized.jpg20140807_183008_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20140807_175434_resized.jpg
    20140807_175434_resized.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Here it is. Best $148 I ever spent. Completely different ride. Sitting on top of the bike now not slumped into it. I even had to adjust my handlebars back because I am no longer sliding forward into the frunk. I'm 6' 4" and it added 1-1/2 to 2" of seat height which I needed. Feels similar to my buddy's GS1000.

At 6'4", your experience is more proof that Seat Concepts works best for larger riders. That's good info for riders asking for seat ideas/options. It does not fit small riders well. For me it was too wide and too tall, so I sold it right away. But then I'm only 5'8".

Glad you found your seat. It looks nice!

I really hope your price was a typo... Their normal price is $159 for the rider only part with the passenger cover as an extra charge. If you got all that done, with an upholsterer's services for that price, then you've gotten away with grand theft saddle.

As to the seat itself, I've come to really like mine. At first it was too hard (took too long of a first test ride) but it broke in quickly. Now it's probably the best bike seat I've had to date (after the slope mod).

When I ordered mine on Tuesday.... Robert gave me a bit of a discount cause I was a repeat customer !!! (Had a SC seat on my KLR !!) They seem really fair and do their best to make their customers happy !!!

As far as comfort I hope my new SC seat will be better than stock !!! Robert asked a few questions in hopes of getting the right foam, etc for the new seat !! Hope it all works out!!

I firmly believe that the first accessory that everyone who drives an NC7 should buy is a new seat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second would be a pair of Rox Risers......

Last edited:
Back