• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

handlebar crash guards - what do we think?

Dominican

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazon.com: 7/8"(22mm) CNC Silver Motorcycle Proguard System Protect Aluminum Front Adjustable Protector Handlebar Brush brake clutch Lever Guard Guards Fit For Honda NC700 S/X 2012: Automotive

Take a look at the link, what is everyone's thought on this? I wanted to get barkbusters, but I also want to have a huge windshield in front of me, seems that having both may not work. I currently have a calsci windshield (not a very good windshield BTW) and no hand and wind guards will work on it. I was told that using the rox 2 inch risers fixes this, but I don't know how...

41SXMN%2B%2BYoL._SX385_.jpg

41lWZOdMowL.jpg

I intend on taking my bike into trails. I won't be going too crazy as if I Was on a dirt bike, bit I do see myself losing grip or hitting a ravine the wrong way and coming off. Think this will hold up?

handlebar crash guards!

Now why would anyone crash a perfectly good motorcycle. Those are hand guards, in case a bush was to hit you hand in the wild. No crashing allowed.6.jpg

SmileyThinkingBoots.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Never mind our two house cynics. As far as the items you showed, I would look for proper guards with two point mounts. Rox Risers are cake to install.

Perhaps I should have been more specific with my crashing...

I don't intend on crashing my bike on the streets of NY, I intend on taking it off road, where there is a large possibility of me dropping it. There is also the possibility of a car backing into it while parked and knocking it over. Any opinions on whether these would protect my levers?

Never mind our two house cynics. As far as the items you showed, I would look for proper guards with two point mounts. Rox Risers are cake to install.

I'm not afraid of the install, I am good with that. What I am concerned with is having proper hand guards hit the windshield as I turn the bike, as I often have to do in NYC. I was told that the risers would take care of that problem, but when I pressed for pictures, the poster (old can ride) couldn't get his pictures sent to my PM box successfully. I didn't want to keep bothering him about it, so I am looking for alternatives. FWIW, the Calsci windshield sucks, and it is already showing major signs of fatigue, so I wouldn't be opposed to replacing it, but I really like the wind protection it (used) to offer, so I want a nice, big windshield.

These type of hand guards are more applicable for racing. It would guard against bumping your brake or clutch lever against another bike which would cause some unwanted consequences. Also, when a racer do go down, it would guard against getting fingers pinched against something. Riders would want to keep their hands on the handlebars to keep the engine running, in case they want to re-enter the race.

For everyday riding or for some dual sport riding, it would work but not the best. Besides, you might look like a boy racer with these handguards. It's like adding a 10' spoiler on an Accord... BUT that's just me. :)

do you intend falling off? if not then you don't need them.

I hope I can find the receipt for my helmet and protective gear. I don't intend falling off the bike and with the money I would get back I could lay in a very spiffy supply of summer riding shorts, t-shirts, and crocs.

On a more serious note, though....those things cost WAY more than the items they are intended to protect. It would make more economic sense to just buy a couple of spare levers.

I agree with naked_duc, those are just meant to prevent an accidental contact with something that would have hit a clutch or brake lever in racing. To be honest, I've only seen them on the brake lever side though.

Those are absolutely not "crash bars" in any way, shape or form, and not even hand protectors of any merit, IMHO.

I can see that they might help protect your fingers from becoming the meat in the bar/lever sandwich if you're still gripping the bars when it hits the deck, but that's all.

((Never mind our two house cynics.))

cynics,cynicshow dare you. I resembled that remark:p

((I can see that they might help protect your fingers))

I can see that they might trap your hands to.

Back