• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

headlamp bulb

Strat - appears to be it. Yep - I discovered it twists out. After!
I might want to go back to it. Where did you get it? $$?
was it brighter, or just lower power consumption? Life? My 2012 scoot has 20k miles.
You guys are great - thanks!

I have been using the exact LED Bulb configuration on several bikes for several years without any issues. I am surprised to hear about this issue. I would recommend replacing both the bulb assembly and ballast.

To answer your earlier question. A halogen bulbs is rated at 55/60W, which is about 4.58A/5A of current draw. The LED unit is about 28/30W, which is 2.33A/2.5A of current draw. As you can see, the difference is significant.

Where to find the H4 LED Bulbs, I have been getting my from a variety of places. However Amazon has been a good source for me to find them. I would recommend this one, Cree LED Headlight 3600LM 6000K Headlamp

I hope this all helps you out. :)

Attachments

• H4LEDBeamPattern2.jpg
    H4LEDBeamPattern2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 245
  • H4LEDBulbDisassembly.jpg
    H4LEDBulbDisassembly.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2867.jpg
    IMG_2867.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 363
I prefer an LED headlight without a fan, less points of failure. I have recently started using the following LED headlight with great success. High beam is positioned correctly as well. It IS a little spendy, but you can return it if you're not happy with it.

H4 R3 LED Headlight - ADVmonster

1572659D-3774-40F5-9036-4535602809B2_zpsxkvmnjsq.jpg

I prefer an LED headlight without a fan, less points of failure. I have recently started using the following LED headlight with great success. High beam is positioned correctly as well. It IS a little spendy, but you can return it if you're not happy with it.

H4 R3 LED Headlight - ADVmonster

1572659D-3774-40F5-9036-4535602809B2_zpsxkvmnjsq.jpg

Thanks to your guidance, I've bought the same leds, already installed. Looks great. But I found them for half the price like 75 for pair on e-bay.
The only concern don't they overheat and die when driving in hot summer days with both beams on.

The only concern don't they overheat and die when driving in hot summer days with both beams on.

The stock NC runs either the low beam or the high beam. Does the LED assembly automatically turn both beams on or is this something you specially wired your bike to do?

I purchased LED headlights for my Tacoma from LifetimeLED and they only lasted about a year and a half. They do have a lifetime warranty so they will replace them, but you have to have the original proof of purchase and get an RMA from the company.

The stock NC runs either the low beam or the high beam. Does the LED assembly automatically turn both beams on or is this something you specially wired your bike to do?

Greg,

The ones that I use has 2 LED Arrays. Only the top one is on at a higher intensity when on Low Beam. Both come on when on High Beam and the top LED Array reduces the intensity of the top array slightly. The power draw is about 30 Watts in either mode.

Yup, the one that I linked also runs both low and high beam LEDs together when the high beam signal is turned on. I don't run my high beams during the day though so I'm not too worried about the heat. We'll see how long it lasts.

Back