• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heat radiating from seat

On a long ride I would say yes, I feel there is some heat radiating from seat . I would guess a very small percentage compared to the heat generated by the small contact patch of the body and seat padding.

No. My NC is one of coolest operating motorcycles I have. I suppose it’s efficiency results in less generated waste heat.

If the seat feels hot, it is from my body heat and the seat is acting as an insulator.

Reactions: MZ5
Does anyone notice heat from the seat during a ride?

I notice extreme heat from the seat on Wiley, when I go out and get on the bike after work in the summer if it was sitting un-covered in the sun. That makes it too hot to touch or even sit on comfortably.

Other than that, no.

I would consider heat from the seat a bonus from October to about May.
I don't get any heat from the seat but do feel heat from the engine at traffic lights.

Reactions: 007
My butt got hot in summer, but that was trapped heat. I got an el cheapo 3-d mesh "pad" that doesn't provide much padding, but does provide a pretty nice breeze down there. It helped quite a bit with comfort because it kept things cool and dry.

I do get hot spots but I think it's from pressure where the stock seat cuts into the thighs after an hour or two. Risers seemed to help a bit or delay it more so

Back