• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello From France !

happyfarmer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everybody,

I have been browsing this forum for months, and I have never taken the time to introduce myself... Let's fix this.

I leave near Paris France, 30 years old, Mechanical engineer and I am the happy owner of a Black NC750X DCT since Sept. 2015.
I bought the bike new, and I use it mostly for my daily commute and for weekend rides whenever possible.

I didn't plan to buy a DCT, but the dealer was offering a good discount and I definitely don't regret.
I leave it in Drive mode in the city so I can focus on the traffic, and I switch to Manual mode on the road.

I choose the NC750 for the two reasons : the torquey but linear engine (I like to race, but not on the road...) and the front trunk (I prefer the clean look of bikes without a top-case).
Unfortunately, despite my peaceful driving style, my wife is not at ease without a back rest. So I ended-up with a top-case anyway and the front trunk became a permanent toolbox/emergency kit/rain clothes storage.

So far the bike has been answering all my needs : safe, reliable, comfortable and efficient.
I get 3.9 Liters/100km out of it, which is around 72 MPG.
My only complaint would be on the stock tires. No issues with the grip, but at 8.000km the rear tire is gone... Disappointing for a 55HP bike... Until now, I've never had a vehicle whose oil lasted longer than the tires !

I have added a few things since purchase :
- honda heated grips
- givi screen
- givi crash-bars
- fender extender and rear-wheel hugger
- top case and side cases from SHAD (great storage, but really wide)
- home-made USB in the trunk (the honda plug is ridiculously expensive)
- LED lights on the front screen (I am not found of the "christmas tree" look, but I prefer the safety of the look)

On my wish list, I still have hand-guards (french winter is chilly) and a coolant temperature gauge (this is a peaceful bike with little risk of over-heating, but I still would like to know when the engine has reached its nominal temperature).

WP_20150906_011 (Copy).jpg

See you on the road !

happyfarmer,
Let me, us, know when you install your temperature gauge. A lot of folks on this Forum, especially me, would be greatly interested in what brand you purchased, where did you make the purchase, the cost and the ease or difficulty of installation. I've had a lot of vehicles, bikes, cars and trucks that cam from the factory with no temp gauge, which I do not like.
Good luck and enjoy your NC750.

From this forum newbie, welcome! I too share your view on the temperature indicator. It has been a long, long time since I have had an overheating issue with any of my vehicles, but there is a certain peace of mind to be had watching the needle resting happily in the middle of the green band.

Oh, and regarding your opportunity to ride Europe in general and France in particular, I am quite jealous. It is on the to do list!

Last edited:
A happy welcome from Louisiana!

I also wanted a temp gauge until me and oldjeff were caught in a traffic jam for about 45 minutes in the Arkansas summer. The fan never came on. This is a very well made bike and I'm sure you will not have to worry about that one thing.
It has taken me a long time to just "shut the frunk up and ride" without worrying. I'm there now.
Crank and go baby, crank and go!

Hello Everybody,

I have been browsing this forum for months, and I have never taken the time to introduce myself... Let's fix this.

I leave near Paris France, 30 years old, Mechanical engineer and I am the happy owner of a Black NC750X DCT since Sept. 2015.
I bought the bike new, and I use it mostly for my daily commute and for weekend rides whenever possible.

I didn't plan to buy a DCT, but the dealer was offering a good discount and I definitely don't regret.
I leave it in Drive mode in the city so I can focus on the traffic, and I switch to Manual mode on the road.

I choose the NC750 for the two reasons : the torquey but linear engine (I like to race, but not on the road...) and the front trunk (I prefer the clean look of bikes without a top-case).
Unfortunately, despite my peaceful driving style, my wife is not at ease without a back rest. So I ended-up with a top-case anyway and the front trunk became a permanent toolbox/emergency kit/rain clothes storage.

So far the bike has been answering all my needs : safe, reliable, comfortable and efficient.
I get 3.9 Liters/100km out of it, which is around 72 MPG.
My only complaint would be on the stock tires. No issues with the grip, but at 8.000km the rear tire is gone... Disappointing for a 55HP bike... Until now, I've never had a vehicle whose oil lasted longer than the tires !

I have added a few things since purchase :
- honda heated grips
- givi screen
- givi crash-bars
- fender extender and rear-wheel hugger
- top case and side cases from SHAD (great storage, but really wide)
- home-made USB in the trunk (the honda plug is ridiculously expensive)
- LED lights on the front screen (I am not found of the "christmas tree" look, but I prefer the safety of the look)

On my wish list, I still have hand-guards (french winter is chilly) and a coolant temperature gauge (this is a peaceful bike with little risk of over-heating, but I still would like to know when the engine has reached its nominal temperature).

View attachment 26456

See you on the road !

Greetings from SoCal USA!!! :cool:

You are off to a good start on the "Farkle" on your bike and it looks fantastic...

Being an Electro-mechanical Engineer myself, I can see that you made many good decisions on how to outfit your bike and selecting the DCT. There are many advantages of DCT, as you are and will be find out. I'd recommend you try "S-Mode" around the city. You may find the bike to be more responsive when you have to crack the throttle quickly.

Many of here have heard about those tires that came on 2014 and 2015, they wear out too soon. The Metzeler Z8s that can on my bike were terrible for traction. I actually crashed because the rear tire broke traction in a slow speed turn. When I wore the rear tire down enough to have it changed, I put a set of Bridgestone T30s, both front and back. I highly recommend these tires.

In the meantime, say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• IMG_4670.jpg
    IMG_4670.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4673.jpg
    IMG_4673.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4671.jpg
    IMG_4671.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Welcome from California!

I've spent the last month in your beautiful country (riding the Alps and relaxing in Nice) and have seen quite a few NC700's out here!

You'll love the bike!

From this forum newbie, welcome! I too share your view on the temperature indicator. It has been a long, long time since I have had an overheating issue with any of my vehicles, but there is a certain peace of mind to be had watching the needle resting happily in the middle of the green band. (...)
I also wanted a temp gauge until me and oldjeff were caught in a traffic jam for about 45 minutes in the Arkansas summer. The fan never came on. This is a very well made bike and I'm sure you will not have to worry about that one thing. (...)

Actually, I am not too worried about the engine over-heating (the fan has switched-ON a few times while waiting in traffic. I would have actually been more worried if it didn't)
I am more interested in knowing when the engine has reached its nominal temperature and is warm enough to "twist the throttle" without worries.
This is something I do with every vehicle I drive. Instead of leaving the engine uselessly idling for minutes, I start driving right away but will keep the load and RPMs low until the engine is warm.

Soyez le bienvenu!

I lived in Aix-en-Provence and Paris and had a wonderful time there. In fact, I got my first PTW in Aix in the late 70's. La France me manque! (I miss France).

I wish we could get the 750 here.

Hello Everybody,

!

Hello to you too, cheerful agricultural person. Welcome to the forum.

I visited France in the past couple of weeks on one of my motorcycles. On the very first day off the ferry I passed too close to Paris for comfort in the late afternoon. Wow, that traffic, and me loaded up with Wife and luggage on the wrong side of the road ! They were going like the clappers ! Bad judgement on my part :eek:. It will be given a wider berth next time. I had been on the peripherique some years ago but had forgotten.

We had a great holiday though and on that day we were enroute to the Alps with an overnight in Nemours. I wish I didn't have to take a ferry to get to these places. In that regard I so envy mainland Europeans.

Yes, Paris traffic can be quite stressful if you are not used to it. (which is my case).
I work and live out of the center, so I rarely have to take the peripherique... But when I do, I am probably the slowest rider (no lane splitting above 30km/h for me. Above that speed, cars can just switch lanes too fast for me to react).

Yes, I feel quite lucky to live in an area with some many great roads. But Ireland doesn't look so bad neither :)
PS: Don't hesitate to drop me a PM next time you come near Paris !

Back