• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Idaho!

padanfain

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings,

First motorcycle is my very own NC700X. That makes me a noob. Love the bike so far, just running out of weather to enjoy it. Hoping for a few warm days over the next several months.

Impressions/questions thus far:

Quiet — I have a full face helmet. At speed the NC700X is very hard to hear, revving, or just humming along. I guess that is to say I feel there is a deficit in audible feedback/engine noise. I hear this is normal, though, as this is a very quiet bike. However, I do enjoy the low end growl.

Power — Seems to have enough giddyup for my noob status. I kind of want a little more, however. Sips the gas. That's nice.

Looks — From the side I can't decide if she looks more like a Dolphin or a Shark. Has anyone else noticed that too? The design feels "forward thinking." Looks more like a street bike (crotch rocket) to the untrained eye. But to sit on it tells a different story, as you settle into a more classical riding pose. The handle bars are wider and I like that for stability. I'm not crazy about the color scheme, wish there were more choices. Tail pipe seems too low for what Honda says the bike can do, like some mountain roads and light adventuring.

Ruggedness — How tough is this bike? I'm asking the question here for anyone who feels like answering: where and what kind of riding would you say is the limit of this bike (as is/stock)? Off road adventuring is where I want to eventually be as a motorcycle rider. I don't feel this bike is even close to being up for that level of abuse. But as it's my first bike, I won't be testing my own limits "adventuring" just yet. Focused on learning at the moment.

Accessories — As a new rider I'm overwhelmed with accessories/upgrades. What is a favorable upgrade? What have you done to make your NC700X better suited to you? Stock storage is nice! Anticipating I'll need a lot more.

Very happy to join this forum, and look forward to interacting with the community here.

Regards,

PS... I blogged about waving to other riders and such... Hope you don't mind the link.

Talentd Mr Ripley: Riding The Waves

Welcome from WV. Hope the experience is a good one for you. I've been riding for over 40 years, more if you include mini bikes and scooters. Short of it is the bike you've chosen isn't just a beginner bike, it's a good all around machine. Light off road use stock, great touring capabilities and perfect as a commuter. The one I'm riding is averaging about 68 mpg. I traded in a Ducati for it after a single test ride. Very user servicable too.

Welcome aboard and you have got yourself a great all around ride, you'll probably find that it grows with you as you experience grows. There are a lot of long time riders on this forum, several such as myself, cyclerosis and Beemerphile that have 40 or more years in the saddle and found this to be the bike for them. Look at the older posts and you'll find a wealth of information on about any subject NC.

Welcome,

There seems to be a good amount of accessory choices, from several sources. Givi and Hepco Becker are listing bags and other items, and the Honda bags look excelent.

As to how you put it to use that is up to you, It just seems to me to be a street machine. It may have wide bars and feel light weight, but it is heavy. The fenders are not going to provide much protection on gravel road use and the sump is not protected. That said it may be as good off road as a BMW GS or the Suzuki DL.

Enjoy the new NC,

Art

Welcome to the forum. I feel the same way about the noise level, but I am spending my money on, what I feel, are more important things first. There are a couple of video's on Youtube that show different silencers but for now I am going to keep mine in stealth mode. For only being out for 6 months in the US and a little longer over seas, there's already a pretty good selection of accessories. Looking forward to what future will bring for this platform. Again, welcome.

Back