• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Los Angeles! :)

LA_NC700X

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Sold my 09 Versys on Sat and got my NC700x 2 hours later... Officially without a bike for 2 hours... LOL

I have been riding for quite some time and own quite a few bikes before... This is my first Honda and I love it... My riding buddies think I am crazy buying a slower bike... Well... I am not into speed when I started riding motorcycle year ago... NC700x will be a perfect bike for me, fast enough and save fuel..

Wondering if anyone else around Los Angeles area...

Ride safe everyone!

Sunny.

Last edited:
Hi Sunny,
welcome to the hood.

Your bike buddies are wrong, this is NOT a slower bike compared to the Versys.
It can hold its speed and you know what, it can go double the distance per gallon.

And......it is a Honda.
:p

Welcome Sunny, you think your riding buddies thought you were crazy, all my buddies ride sport bikes and I traded my GSX-R 750 for my NC. They get over it because we all ride, doesn't matter what.

Welcome to the club Sunny! I bought My NCX because its what I wanted. I'm sure some may not understand why I bought a slower bike, but that's their problem.
This thing kicks a$$ in the mpg department and is so easy to ride. Honda reliability coupled with 60-90 mpg, whats not to like. (After you set it up for your needs)

I'm in Anaheim, near Knotts Berry Farm. Perhaps we should get all the new bikes in So. Cal. together to kick tires and compare notes.

Welcome to the club Sunny! I bought My NCX because its what I wanted. I'm sure some may not understand why I bought a slower bike, but that's their problem.
This thing kicks a$$ in the mpg department and is so easy to ride. Honda reliability coupled with 60-90 mpg, whats not to like. (After you set it up for your needs)

How fast is fast? How slow is slow?
In Switzerland, the speed limits are 50, 80 and 120 on highway. (KMH)
This bird is more than capable of these speeds.

If I were to travel between Zurich and say Stuttgart constantly on the Autobahn (no limits), I am more inclined to buy a BMW1200S.
BTW, a super conditioned one was sold for 7,000chf (about 6800usd) last week to my friend. OUCH! Darn!
I simply do not have a legit reason to own a fast bird.

I'm in Anaheim, near Knotts Berry Farm. Perhaps we should get all the new bikes in So. Cal. together to kick tires and compare notes.

I just reply to your message! Call or txt me, I am going to ride this Saturday with a few buddies, come join us. I live less than 5 miles from you! :)

Thank you guys for your warm welcome! I am going to love it here... :)

I never listen to others when I buy a bike... I always buy what I like and love what I ride... I guess many of us on this forum are the same way and that's why we have the same bike... :)

I out rode many sportbikes at the canyons with my previous bikes and I am sure the same with NCX... :)

I guess I am getting older and wiser now... I just love to ride... Speed not so important to me anymore... I can even follow a newbie up and down canyons at snail speed and still enjoy the ride...

Thanks everyone! Ride safe!

Last edited:
Thank you guys for your warm welcome! I am going to love it here... :)

I never listen to others when I buy a bike... I always buy what I like and love what I ride... I guess many of us on this forum are the same way and that's why we have the same bike... :)

I out rode many sportbikes at the canyons with my previous bikes and I am sure the same with NCX... :)

Thanks everyone! Ride safe!

I did the same, and many of them do not invite me anymore for rides.....maybe they were scratching their heads and under all the leather itching to figure out what happened back there.

Back