• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from North Carolina

jmzd4

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to take moment and introduce myself to the forum. I have been rising for 8 years now. I started off on a Honda Ruckus, then moved up to the Grom, then a CBR500R. Well today I said goodbye to the CBR and hello to the NC700X. I had gone in to the dealership a week or so ago to have the CBR inspected and was looking at the new African Twin and NC700. Well the dealership had a 2015 NC700 that nobody wanted and I asked about a trade in with the CBR. They gave me trade in deal that was just too good to pass up so I drove home with a brand new 2015 NC700X with 0 miles on it, well it has some miles on it now.

The 700 had always been something I was interested in since I first saw one a few years ago and today I found that it is a perfect fit for my style of riding.

Can't wait to dive into the boards and start thinking of mods and upgrades. I know the fist thing I want to do is get the center stand, new levers, a 12v power outlet, and new exhaust (I hate the stock exhausts from Honda).

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum. I lived in Fayetteville (Fayettenam) for 9 years. I was stationed at Bragg and I enjoyed living in NC. Reaford, NC is where I first learned to skydive. I rode sport bikes in those days and a huge number of riders would meet every Saturday to hit the local back roads for some intense rides. Just like any state, there are lots of "off the beaten path" roads that people don't know about which are perfect for riding.

I lived in Reaford while stationed at Bragg. I always took the back roads home and can recall an image of the time of year when the leaves change color and begin to fall off the trees. There were so many leaves on the road you could not avoid them and I enjoyed riding through them and 80mph and watching them fly all over the place in my rear view. Strange memory but for whatever reason it sticks with me.

NC was also the first place I had ever seen pine straw used in place of beauty bark. Another strange memory.

Back