• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from North Carolina

NC Rick

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,

My name is Rick and while I have been a motorcycle enthusiast for many years, I do not own an nc700. The "NC Rick" has to do with the state I live in. I am going to start my intro with a big thank you to the NC700 community as the owner of Cogent Dynamics Inc. who design, manufacture and sell motorcycle suspension components. I am very appreciative of the support we get from you folks, the nc700 owners. As much as we apreciate the business we get, it is not my intention or desire to post a bunch of promotional garbage. I would like to give back a little by posting helpfuly where possible and hopefully be able to ask questions relative to the bike and its riders.

A little more about me:

Started riding at 7 years old and been at it, non-stop for over 50 years now. Made motorcycles an avocation almost 15 years ago. I ride dirt bikes and street bikes, sometimes confusing the two. Other fun things I enjoy include outdoor activities like camping and hiking, some shooting sports and I spend a lot of my leasure time "working" as a coach and instructor for Sport Bike Track Time here in the Southeast of the US.

Prior to working on motorcycle suspensions, I worked as an aircraft mechanic and in various capacities, working with high speed rotating machinery within the printing and publishing industry.

I'm a dad, a granddad, have a few bad habbits beyond bikes. My favorite color is neon chartreuse.

I look forward to knowing you all a bit better!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Plus one to Rick and Cogent. As a DR650 owner which has the Cogent suspension, I'm glad to see Rick supporting the NC700. I don't have one yet, but plan to purchase one as soon as I can get rid of my two old Nighthawks and I will purchase a Cogent suspension for the NC.

Rick...you might want to add something to your title to let folks know a little more about what is in this post.

Welcome, Rick! We're glad to have you here on the forum. You sharing your knowledge of suspensions will be a great help.

Don't take this in a negative way, but in keeping with the spirit of the forum, please be sure to understand the site rules as they apply to vendors: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/site-announcements/204-forum-rules.html

Rick: I looked at your web site and address, have you always been there or more further off the beaten track?

Thank you for the welcome and kind words folks! 670cc, I did read the forum rules, even clicked on the little box. Hope I have not broken them somehow! I am pretty sensitive about these things. I contacted administration regarding details of becoming an official vendor/site supporter. For now, I'm just a guy who loves this stuff.

Back