• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Panama Central America.

DRAGO

Reaction score
Visit site
Coming to you live and in living color from the rain forest in Panama. Moved here from Arizona 7 years ago and now just living the dream. I have spent my life on bikes. I just found this forum today and just wanted to say hello. Phil/ Drago. My best to all of you.

Hey, Phil! Welcome aboard, and hope you have a great amount of fun with your NC, and the friendly folks here on the forum :)

Welcome from another new forum member. What part of Panama are you in? I passed that way on a bike tour in 2009, beautiful country. Entered at Guabito, rode to Chiriqui Grande, over the pass to David, then took the Pan Am to Panama City with a detour on Hwy 5 from near Tole down through Sona and back on the Pan Am at Santiago. Fantastic people and scenery, great memories.

Last edited:
Welcome. I visited a place called Fort Sherman three times throughout my military career. The thing I rememebr most (outside the beautiful women) was suba diving in the clear blue water. The base is right on the water and there is an old tanker anchored out in the water that has just been sitting there for years. We used to snorkel on the west side of the fort (ocean side) and there was a huge crack in the reef that eventually led to the open water. Awesome! Loved visiting there.

Spent the early 60s in Panama when my dad was in the navy and stationed there. He was friends with the head of the jungle warfare school which if I remember correctly was at Fort Sherman.

Wasn't riding motorcycles in grade school but what I recall it would be a great place to ride. Did go through the canal in '78 when I was in the navy for my only adult visit.

Welcome to the forum and please post some ride reports with pictures.

Back