• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Southern Illinois

Slim

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from downstate IL. Went to my Honda dealer two weeks ago planning to purchase a 2014 CB 500X, but sat on a nice red 2013 NC 700X first. Long story short, the NC is what I left with. Big thanks to super-salesman Tony from Niehaus Cycle for making that happen.

Have put about 500 miles on the NC so far, dodging the rain almost everyday.

Personally, I am 51, 6'0", and 140 lbs (hence, Slim). I took a basic rider course at the local college a few years ago for something different to do, liked it, and bought a used Yamaha Virago for my first bike. Shoulder prob kept me from riding for two years, so I sold the bike and bought a boat. Came back to my senses this year and researched the 500 X and convinced myself it was the bike for me...until I test rode the NC. I love the fit of the bike and plan to use it as an everyday commuter and weekend fun ride.

I have not seen any other NCs on the roads locally, or any other x style bikes for that matter. Mostly big Harley and Goldwing touring bikes and a few crotch-rocketeers around here, along with the usual Harley cruisers.

Saw a few NC owners are in the St. Louis area. I am about 65 miles east of the river out near Carlyle lake. Glad to be on board.
Dale

Welcome from central Illinois. Congrats on selecting a fine machine. There's quite a group of NC ridersdown in the Louisville, Ky area, and a few more in Illinois/Indiana/Missouri. I'm hoping I can make it to a group outing this year. Maybe you'll join as well. Put your pin on the member map (see link in menu bar across the top).

Welcome aboard from a former southern Illini. I grew up in a little town called Alhambra near highland.

I'm hoping to ride out there this fall, last 3 times I rode out I was on a Vfr 750. The ncx should be like riding a Cadillac, and not nearly as thirsty!

Hope you enjoy your NCX as much as we do!

Welcome from Louisiana!
The NC is a great bike. I think you made the right choice. We have some get togethers in various places around the country.
Hope you can make some.

Welcome from southern Indiana neighbor. Used to spend many a weekend at Carlyle Lake when I was stationed at Scott AFB, actually spent most of time at the spillway, catching those white bass :)

Back