• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from the Pacific Northwest

RangerDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm back in the saddle again. Just purchased a new, but 2012 model, NC700X. I'm really liking this bike. I sold my 919 (CB900) a few years back and regretted it almost immediately. The NC700X will serve as a nice commuter and short trip bike for me.

I spent a great deal of time lurking on the forums here before deciding on the NC700X. I've learned a lot, but much more to come. Thank you all.

I've already sent a Private Message to HondaBikePro looking for his fantastic Windscreen Mount Plates. I've also reached out to him on the South Bound Honda web site. I'm only a hour and a half north of you so I look forward to meeting you.

I grew up down south, got stationed at Fort Lewis with the 2nd Ranger Battalion and I've called Washington home ever since. I wish the summers were longer but the summers here are our secret to surviving the long rainy winters.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum members here.

FYI, Honda's I've owned...

'84 Nighthawk S (loved this bike), '86 CB650 Custom, '86 VF1100F Sabre, '99 Nighthawk, 2002 919 (Matte Black), 2006 919 (Candy Red), 2012 NC700X

Welcome to the site and congrats on the bike. My first three years in the army were at Ft. Lews in the 2/75.

Welcome from Northeast Georgia.

While I'm not a military man myself, I had a friend who was a Ranger medic out of Hunter in Savannah. One of the best men I knew. Thank you for your service.

Lead the way.

welcome to the forum.. by the way we have a dual sport ride coming up in two weeks, if anyone is interested? call the lakewood store and ask for paul. Thanks Dale

Welcome from south of you, near Sumner WA.

I remember the '84 Honda Nighthawk S and almost bought one in 1984. What a nice looking bike! But there was this 1983 Suzuki GS1100E still sitting in the crate at the dealership and it was 400 cc's more for the same price as the Nighthawk. I had to go for the high performance deal!

Welcome to the Forum. I lived at Ft. Lewis during the 60's as a dependent. Graduated from a high school in DuPont that is not longer in existence. I, too, like the summers in the Tacoma-Seattle area, just not all the traffic now.

Greetings RangerDoc from Oklahoma,

Thank you for your service. My oldest son was a platoon leader and Company XO with the 3rd Ranger Battalion at Ft. Benning. He had numerous deployments to Iraqi and Afghanistan during his time in the Army. He was recruited by the FBI during his last deployment in Baghdad when the FBI was trying to get their hands on as many Special Operations personnel as they could. He currently is assigned to the FBI's HRT and working closely with the Army's Combat Applications Group.

Back