• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help installing giviv35 luggaage

springdr

Reaction score
Visit site
I am about to install Givi V35 luggage and have a question for those that have done it. When removing the two bolts that hold on the grab rails to install the 1111FZ brackets the service manual (page 2-7) warns about "not letting the collars fall into the seat cowl". I can see in the service manual diagram some sort of nuts (collars) under the grab rail that the two bolts attach to. My question is how do you prevent the nuts from falling into the seat cowl? Someone else mentioned this happened to them.

Stuff a rag/towel in the gap between the side panel and the gas tank and I usually put another one in the area behind the gas tank where the helmet lock is to keep stuff from sliding down that way.

I think when I take off from my house I leave a trail of small nuts, bolts and screws that have fallen into the fairing or plastic bits and that I couldn't retrieve. I do know that I have scratches and scars on my hands and forearms from trying to retrieve lost bits.

Back