• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi, folks!

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, all!
Just joined - a bit about me:
56 y.o., riding for the last 25 tears continuously on various bikes, currently GL1800.

Considering the NC700X DCT and have a couple of questions for ya:

1. I am 5'10'', 32" in seam, 235 lb - would the bike be too small for me?
2. I am a bit concerned about a single disck up front. Would it have enough stopping power goven my size + luggage?
3. Any other thoughts are appreciated! :)

Thank you! Nice to "meet" you!

Hi
I am 5'11", I think a 32" inseam also (or very close) and 192 lbs. To me the bike is a good fit, though this is my first bike in 20+ and I didn't try others so can't give you a comparison. I ride about 22 miles * 2 each weekday and find it very comfortable. When stopped my fit adequately touch the ground though I need to be towards the end of the seat slope to have them flat on the ground.

I have only done reasonably high speed braking (40 - 50 mph) during practices, with no gear or passenger, and the bike stopped well enough for me.

Hope this helps.

Welcome from Oregon. Can't really help you on the size and fit question since I'm new to riding and have only ridden my NC. It fits me fine and is a kick to ride. I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam and 190 lbs. (Yes, I need to shed a few!)

Hi There. I'm 5'11'' and 220. I carry most of my excess weight along my waistline, and I think the bike it just fine for someone my size. It's definitely going to feel smaller than your GL, but I'm very pleased with the size of the bike. I too have ~32 inch inseam and I find the bike height to be near perfect for me, which it not quite flatfooted on the ground, but close.

Welcome!

1 - You're certainly not the biggest guy riding an NC. I'm a little taller than you, and the ergos are great -- you'll have plenty of room. It isn't going to have the oomph to haul you down the road like your GL, but it's got plenty of squirt for everything I've tried so far.

2 - Shouldn't be a problem. Every review I've read ends up praising the front brake even after their initial skepticism, and I'd agree. Feel and power are every bit as good as the Bandit with twin discs I came off of.

Good luck!

trey

Welcome from Texas! I'm 6' and 200 lbs with 34" inseam. Fits me very well...nice and flat footed even with airhawk cushion. I have the DCT which, as you probably know, has ABS brakes. I'm very satisfied with ergos and stopping capabilities.

Thank you guys for your welcome and input!

Stupid question - is there 2012 AND 2013 models or there is just on - 2012/2013 ?

Last edited:
Last i heard there is only a 2012 model that will be sold through 2013 so I guess that makes it a 2012/2013.

The 2013 model was shown up here in Canada at the Bike Show I went to last week, along with the new 500 series bikes. :)

There were no changes that I could see other than the colour. (2012 Black, 2013 Red)

Back