• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi from Dallas, TX

M

Mellow

Joe here, aka Mellow.

I have an ST1300 and Super Tenere and plan on selling the Tenere and possibly getting an NC700X to take up that space in the garage. It can't replace the Tenere obviously, it's just that the ST1300 addresses all my touring needs and I thin the NC would be a great bike to fill in the shorter rides and the errand runs. I'll probably set it up as a touring bike and throw some long trips at it just to see how I like it though.

I'm anxious to see if Honda will allow different colors for 2013. They didn't announce the bike 'til the New York show last year in Jan so may have to wait 'til Jan to see if a 2013 model is even going to be possible.

I know a couple folks here already, I run the ST-Owners.com, NT-Owners.Org and ADV-Owners.com site as well as help admin the MotoCampers.com site.

Hi Joe Welcome from the UK. Your mention of the NT owners forum is the first I have heard of it. I wish I had done so before as I have just changed to a NC as my commuter bike after over 10 years on Deauvilles during which time I had two 650s and one 700

I would have bought a 4th Deauville if Honda UK hadn't raised the price so much as it was ideal for my 76 mile round trip every day including winter. At the end of this British winter I shall know if buying the NC was the right thing to do

Hey mellow I Remember you from the GL board, I have a super tenere and the nc700x. Great bikes
Welcome aboard :)

I've yet to test ride and NC... but, I have ridden an NT and just from that short ride it did seem to have adequate weather protection vs the NC.. Doesn't mean it's not possible though, heck around here when the temps drop you either see someone on a BMW or a Harley.. LOL.. anything is possible.

Hey mellow I Remember you from the GL board, I have a super tenere and the nc700x. Great bikes
Welcome aboard :)

Wow, that was a long time ago.. The Tenere for me seemed to have just a bit too many vibes, especially compared to an ST - ha! - do you find the Tenere or the NC equal in that area or the NC better?

I have had 2 st1300's great bikes. I have owned 79 motorcycles of all different brands and the super tenere is my favorite by far. I don't use it off road I use it for sport touring and love it. It's really not fair to try and compare the super tenere to the nc700x , 2 totally different animals. I could ride the nc anywhere and tour on it also. But the super tenere has so much more power it makes it more fun for me. Don't get me wrong I love the nc it's an amazing bike for what it cost. I guess to answer your question if I could only own one bike it would be the super tenere. Glad I don't have to make that decision :)

Thanks, pretty much covers it. I know the power of the Tenere and ST are great. I plan on using the ST for my longer rides and the NC for the shorter day rides or when I want to tour and not really be in much of a rush or care about tearing through twisties like I stole the bike.. LOL

Back