• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi from Nashville, TN

BillR

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy ya'll...
I'm here to get some more knowledge about the NC700X.
Bit about me:
Grew up on a farm in Mississippi. We all had mini-bikes or small enduros. Graduated to street bikes in my late teens. Bought myself a 1982 Honda 500cc Turbo in 1984, proceeded to scare myself silly (not enough brains and even less ability...:p) and stopped riding in 1986.
Family grew with kids, work, etc...didn't make time for motor bikes.
I started back riding motorcycles in 2008 on a 200cc Chinabike enduro (commuting to work cause the kids commandeered my car...:rolleyes:). Wanted something a bit more road worthy and discovered the MZ Skorpion line (660cc Yamaha enduro motor on a tight street frame). I've had 2 of those (a Tour and currently a Traveller).
Great bikes, love the way they handle, but I'm looking for something I can do some dirt roads on. Not interested in heavy off road, just something I can take on that "side road you always wonder what is at the other end..."
I've read a lot on the NC700 and think it may be the next one to ride. Great gas mileage (I'm getting 50ish on the Skorpion), not to hard to get at the valves (minimal body work removed, and no shims/buckets either) and plenty of things to hang off the sides to make it my own.
Thanks for the forum. I look forward to gleaning some knowledge from all of the postings.
Bill

Hi to all. I'm planning to purchase next spring (saving up now). I may give you Nashville guys a yell some time to go for a ride. I'm in Bellevue.
Bill R

Welcome from Raleigh, NC. My favorite riding buddy is in Smyrna. Spentba night there back in June on my way out west. Lots of good riding in that area.

Welcome from Raleigh, NC. My favorite riding buddy is in Smyrna. Spent a night there back in June on my way out west. Lots of good riding in that area.
Yup. Loads of very nice backroads. I live 4 miles from the northern terminus of the Natchez Trace...guess where my "long way home" goes...

I don't ride out west of Nashville much, how's the roads out your way?
Several very nice routes on the back roads. I ride the first 20 miles of the Trace often (45 mph limit, but the curves are great...and you can push it up a bit, easily).
Old Charlotte Pike, up to top of the ridge, tight curves. Several good rides from Bellevue south into Leipers Fork/Franklin area.
Rarely do I run into bad road surfaces out here and traffic isn't too bad...yet...:rolleyes:

Several very nice routes on the back roads. I ride the first 20 miles of the Trace often (45 mph limit, but the curves are great...and you can push it up a bit, easily).
Old Charlotte Pike, up to top of the ridge, tight curves. Several good rides from Bellevue south into Leipers Fork/Franklin area.
Rarely do I run into bad road surfaces out here and traffic isn't too bad...yet...:rolleyes:

I agree about those roads. I sometimes ride the Trace down to about Hohenwald or so, and I find it waaaay too easy to speed on there with the gentle curves back and forth.

Back