• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda’s All-New Global EV Series Will Debut at CES 2024

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Remember how Honda said they’re gunning to punt out 30 electric motorcycles (and $3.3 billion in related investments) by 2030?

Well, we just received a press release five minutes ago proving that those 30 motorcycles are closer than we thought: CES 2024 will be Big Red’s official landing point for a brand-new fleet of EV motorcycles!

To date, we have known about Honda’s partnership with LG in the creation of lithium batteries, with a poster from 2022 showing what appeared to be an electric motorcycle rolling along the top.

A view of a Honda poster.
A view of a Honda poster.

Honda’s poster for the 134th Rose Parade. Media provided by CycleWorld.

Add to this the fact that Honda wants 15% of all bike sales to be electric by 2030, and the new fleet makes sense… we had no idea, however, that the bikes would be ready for a gander by Q1 of 2024.

According to Honda’s press release, the machines will be showcased alongside “several key technologies that illustrate the significant transformation Honda is currently undergoing.”

We haven’t been told exactly how many bikes will be in this fleet, but we DO know that Honda’s got a (rather aggressive) plan for 100% zero-emission automobile sales by 2040.

Curious to learn more?

A side view of two people riding a Honda EM 1 scooter/motorcycle.
A side view of two people riding a Honda EM 1 scooter/motorcycle.

Yhe EM 1, Honda’s first electric “motorcycle.” Media provided by Honda.

CES 2024 will run from Jan. 9-12, 2024, in Las Vegas; of those days, we’re told that Honda will be holding their press conference Tuesday, January 9, “with both Global CEO (Director, President and Representative Executive Officer) Toshihiro Mibe and Global EVP (Director, Executive Vice President and Representative Executive Officer) Shinji Aoyama.”

If you won’t be able to make it to Las Vegas, don’t worry – Honda’s erected a website devoted to the release of these bikes, where you can count down like the rest of us.

Do you think Honda will succeed in their 2040 goal, and what do you think the marque has in store for us at CES 2024?

*Media provided by Honda*​

The post Honda’s All-New Global EV Series Will Debut at CES 2024 appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

That’s difficult to get excited about, since 2030 and 2040 are still a long ways off. Honda is way behind in both electrified auto and motorcycle product offerings. I already own an electric car and electric motorcycle, but of course, neither are Hondas. The electric car is the go-to daily use vehicle. I’d like to never have to buy an internal combustion vehicle again, but we shall see how quickly the EV world evolves.

I sure hope that the recent lull in new, innovative Honda motorcycle offerings is because they have diverted their R&D to electrification projects.

My opinion, electric will have market share for a long time but some other yet to be developed fuel source will ultimately dominate.

EV autos in America are subsidized with tax payers’ dollars to the tune of about $48k. Though it costs the consumer on average 1.21 per gallon in equivalency to a price per gallon in an ICE vehicle, the subsidized cost per gallon is around $17.00. It’s not sustainable and the billions spent have had no discernible impacts to the environment. Anyone can search for these stats and they seem to be fairly undisputed.

Demand for electric vehicles is flattening. Manufacturers are slowing the roll on battery production and vehicle manufacturing facilities. There are decreasing number of new adopters of the technology, but second purchasers are there.

I’m 100% behind alternative fuel vehicles and equally oppose the strategic subsidies of billions of dollars. But the whole picture needs to make sense and the industry needs to stand on its own two, subsidy free, feet.

I'm am curious and on the sidelines. There have been some recent news articles here regarding battery failures that have been really expensive. I realize that this is not the norm and the vast majority of the vehicles work perfectly. If I had a vehicle and had to pay what is being broadcast, that would be the end for me.

I'm am curious and on the sidelines. There have been some recent news articles here regarding battery failures that have been really expensive. I realize that this is not the norm and the vast majority of the vehicles work perfectly. If I had a vehicle and had to pay what is being broadcast, that would be the end for me.
Well, we collectively have already paid for that failed battery with our tax dollars used to subsidize the production and sale of that vehicle here in the USA.

Yes, a friend of mine just paid between $5,000 and $10,000 (wouldn’t tell me exactly) for a replacement transmission for his Chevy gasoline powered truck. Honda Ridgeline 6 speed trannies are expensive and have high failure rates (so I got rid of mine). Yep, vehicles of any kind, battery or gas, can be costly to keep running.

My EV battery and motor has an 8 year warranty. I worried way more about that ICE tranny than I would about the EV battery. And now some Honda V6 engines are soon to be under recall and possibly need replacement, but Honda will have to pay for that. Whatever vehicle type you want to look bad, there’s a story for that.

In my opinion, most “news” articles are click bait. The more sensational the headline, the more hits they get, and the more money they might make. Right now anti-EV topics are popular. On the EV forum, we call the articles and stories FUD, for Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. In addition, there is private funding behind some of the articles with intentions to influence public opinions.

If you join in with groups of people that actually own EVs, you get a much different perspective than what you’ll see in the ”news”. I‘ve reached the place now that find it rather pointless to discuss EVs with anyone that isn’t genuinely interested and serious about buying. Debating EVs with the common man becomes mostly an exercise in debunking or adding new perspective to the stories they “heard”.

My opinion, electric will have market share for a long time but some other yet to be developed fuel source will ultimately dominate.

EV autos in America are subsidized with tax payers’ dollars to the tune of about $48k. Though it costs the consumer on average 1.21 per gallon in equivalency to a price per gallon in an ICE vehicle, the subsidized cost per gallon is around $17.00. It’s not sustainable and the billions spent have had no discernible impacts to the environment. Anyone can search for these stats and they seem to be fairly undisputed.

Demand for electric vehicles is flattening. Manufacturers are slowing the roll on battery production and vehicle manufacturing facilities. There are decreasing number of new adopters of the technology, but second purchasers are there.

I’m 100% behind alternative fuel vehicles and equally oppose the strategic subsidies of billions of dollars. But the whole picture needs to make sense and the industry needs to stand on its own two, subsidy free, feet.
Well, the US government subsidizes a whole lot of things I don’t agree with, and a few things that I do. Thus, even though some of it infuriates me, I try not to lose any sleep over what I can’t influence or control.

As for battery powered cars and bikes, they are inexpensive to operate, maintenance is very minimal, but mainly, I like them! I’m tired of smelly, noisy, shaky, high maintenance gasoline and diesel engines. I get genuine pleasure driving and riding my electric machines. The ICEVs seem so outdated and antiquated. I hope I get by with the old ICEVs I have, and never have to buy another one. The only new cars I have any interest in now are electrics, and I sure would like to see more electric motorcycle and scooter choices, hence my earlier comments about Honda dragging their feet.

Well, the US government subsidizes a whole lot of things I don’t agree with, and a few things that I do. Thus, even though some of it infuriates me, I try not to lose any sleep over what I can’t influence or control.

As for battery powered cars and bikes, they are inexpensive to operate, maintenance is very minimal, but mainly, I like them! I’m tired of smelly, noisy, shaky, high maintenance gasoline and diesel engines. I get genuine pleasure driving and riding my electric machines. The ICEVs seem so outdated and antiquated. I hope I get by with the old ICEVs I have, and never have to buy another one. The only new cars I have any interest in now are electrics, and I sure would like to see more electric motorcycle and scooter choices, hence my earlier comments about Honda dragging their feet.
Oh I agree with everything you said, and I don't lose any sleep over the subsidies. The government funding model is unsustainable and, despite being somewhat well publicized, is not well known and rarely connected to the unsustainability of the current EV production, distribution, ownership, and energizing model.
In my opinion, most “news” articles are click bait. The more sensational the headline, the more hits they get, and the more money they might make. Right now anti-EV topics are popular. On the EV forum, we call the articles and stories FUD, for Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. In addition, there is private funding behind some of the articles with intentions to influence public opinions.
All news articles on websites are clickbait; news outlets are media companies existing only by creating messaging to appeal to an audience who will consistently return and, in turn, allows them to sell advertising space, period. One's perspective on the content is irrelevant. Are you suggesting that the articles that support EV adoption, their benefits, and dismiss opposition to the adoption of electric vehicles for a myriad of reasons are not privately funded? Wouldn't that be the best place to spend private dollars, promoting a product that is attached to shareholder sentiment?

If you join in with groups of people that actually own EVs, you get a much different perspective than what you’ll see in the ”news”. I‘ve reached the place now that find it rather pointless to discuss EVs with anyone that isn’t genuinely interested and serious about buying. Debating EVs with the common man becomes mostly an exercise in debunking or adding new perspective to the stories they “heard”.

Common man? What differentiates you from those who you call, actually who you arrogantly dismissed as such, the common man; ownership experience of an EV? The same could be said that it is a waste of time trying to discuss public and budgetary policy with those who blindly accept the current EV model. Going to a forum of other owners of EVs goes to seeking confirmation bias. What would one expect when visiting a forum of like-minded individuals? Dissent? Lots of contributors saying "Well, I begrudgingly purchased this vehicle, and I hate that tax dollars subsidize my purchase and continued ownership, and I know my choice is not contributing nearly as much to reduce emissions as is being reported in the positive spin click bait articles"?

Debunking is necessary on both sides of this topic. However, no debunking is required on the amount of subsidies being flooded into the EV arena.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with the points made. They are extremes on both ends of the spectrum. I know people who own the vehicles and love them. My personal sticking point is the battery longevity. Our company uses battery powered forklifts. A replacement battery is between $5k-10k depending on if it is new or refurbished. I understand that the battery is a consumable and with proper maintenance one can get more life out of it. At some point the battery will need to be replaced. Some of the battery replacement costs I have seen are near the cost of the vehicle. My evaluation is there is a certain amount of greed related to replacing the battery at this time. I look forward to technology improving and costs coming in line.

Current batteries use rare earth metals that are expensive, so until they change battery technologies, replacements will be expensive.
I keep seeing possible replacements being touted, but we'll just have to wait and see what works, and what is just fishing for research dollars.

Current batteries use rare earth metals that are expensive, so until they change battery technologies, replacements will be expensive.
I keep seeing possible replacements being touted, but we'll just have to wait and see what works, and what is just fishing for research dollars.
They are expensive now. But because of the push for lithium mining has expanded (for metals other than lithium too). The increase in mining also removed a lot pessimism in its strategic availability. So much so that it’s predicted that lithium supply will outpace demand by 2025 causing prices to drop. But to meet demands put in place by government mandates in 2030-2040 we need hundreds of additional mines which will just devastate their surrounding environments and undoubtedly contaminate more than one water supply. Not preaching to anyone. I’m just pointing out that EVs are not economically viable in a subsidized model and their production has significant impacts to the environment.

Im guilty on this too but don’t pretend that there are not serious concerns. I have a massive solar array with 20kwh in lithium iron batteries and adding another 10kwh. The production of solar panels and lithium iron batteries is not great for the environment.

Back