• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Just announced their 2013 lineup

Did you see the Gold Wing F6B? What on earth were they drinking? "Perfect for around town". And the deluxe model even has a center stand! It looks like an elephant in a tutu...

elephant-in-a-tutu.jpg

Last edited:
+1 on that. There isn't anything in that lineup that I'm interested in at all. Honda already has some great bikes they could have brought over (nc700s, cb1300 something). Honda really missed the mark to me for 2013

I actually think it is a smart move for Honda in bringing in a couple more standard (UJM, Universal Japanese motorcycles) to the U.S. The prices are going to be low for the 500-700cc range and the new GoldWing is actually striking in design. I am waiting for the site to update to see if they will offer different color combinations options for the NC700X, maybe a white one or red one as they get overseas? The even have a bigger NC700X type bike called the Crosstourer, 1100cc's+ unless I'm mistaken, as well that has not made it over here yet. I can't wait until after Christmas! Gonna be a great year.

Beemerphile, I should been a bit more specific, you are correct in that the CrossTourer is not like the NC700X with the fake tank, what I meant was it resembles the NC700X in styling

honda-crosstourer-2012.jpg

Beemerphile, I should been a bit more specific, you are correct in that the CrossTourer is not like the NC700X with the fake tank, what I meant was it resembles the NC700X in styling

That it does, though I think the CrossTourer came out first. Honda seems to like that styling - as does the market. There are rumors of larger "NC" bikes that have the NC engine innovations though (which in addition to losing a lot of weight would be a good thing for the CrossTourer in my book). I would not buy a CrossTourer because of weight and fuel economy issues, but I would have paid extra for an NC700x with a 19" front wheel, tubeless spoked wheels, and a one gallon larger fuel tank.

Did you see the Gold Wing F6B? What on earth were they drinking? "Perfect for around town". And the deluxe model even has a center stand! It looks like an elephant in a tutu...

View attachment 1535

For those of us who ride Wings, I think it is a nice addition. The regular Wing is much more nimble and quick than many people realize. The lack of a center stand is kinda dumb and it also lacks reverse. They are going after the HD bagger market.

Totally bland colors. Nothing but black, white, or red all across the board on the new models. Oh sorry, there's a little blue on a decal on one of them. Meh.

Apparently Honda's conservative color choices reflect the economic mood of the times.

Greg

I like the Gold Wing F6B

Honda’s new Gold Wing F6B takes the world’s greatest touring motorcycle—our own Gold Wing—and puts a whole new spin on it. Lighter, trimmer, leaner. Perfect for around-town, shorter trips, or even a weekend getaway, the Gold Wing F6B still offers plenty of storage capacity and performance, along with many of the Gold Wing’s comfort and luxury features. Best of all, it has a clean, fresh look that’s all its own.

"Colors can actually have an affect on a person's state of mind and cognitive ability.

Black is on the rise because people associate it with luxury. And so are fancy paint effects: Your new motorcycle might be a Gold Wing, but because it's covered in sparkle black, tri-coats, or a tint coats, it looks cool and fancy. :cool:

If you ride white or silver, the answer might be: We're boooooring ...

2013-honda-goldwingf6b-blk-lr (1).jpg

Last edited:
For those of us who ride Wings, I think it is a nice addition. The regular Wing is much more nimble and quick than many people realize. The lack of a center stand is kinda dumb and it also lacks reverse. They are going after the HD bagger market.

I owned the 183rd Gold Wing to enter the US in 1975 and I had a 1995 Aspencade for a short while, so I have a bit of history with them. And I also know that the newer GL1800's dance well for their weight class. However, as their great great grandpa, my own opinion is that the new kid is ugly as a mud duck and about as useful. They would do as much good going after the HD bagger market with a real elephant in a tutu as some of them might actually like animals. As you pointed out, they are not likely to be marketing it at "those of us who ride Wings". I can imagine the unrestrained guffaws of the assless chap set when a former bud comes silently whirring up on one of these.

We'll just have to see if they sell any. I hope they didn't build one for me.

I am interested in learning more about the CB500X. I know it doesn't have the "Frunk", but if it is a normally tuned 499cc then it could offer similar power and Fuel Economy. Also it could offer another option for those interested in a middle ground from a 250cc to a larger bike. One of the reasons I like the NC is because of this. I can't wait to see what kind of storage accessories are going to be offered. :)

I like what Honda has done here. My first 'real' bike was an old Suzuki GS500 I bought for next to nothing in college and beat the tar out of for years. Even back then, the market seemed like it really could use a nice, new take on the 500cc sporty bike. A conventional 500cc makes around the same power as our NC, which is more than adequate for just about anything if people are honest.

The GS500 and Ninja 500 are so long in the tooth, I bet these new Hondas will sell pretty well to people that have been hanging onto their old bikes and waiting for something to come along. Fuel injection and ABS available -- these should be really good, usable, practical bikes for people who 'get it'.

The stumbling block, as always in the US it seems, is these aren't going to impress everyone at the local bike night...

trey

The stumbling block, as always in the US it seems, is these aren't going to impress everyone at the local bike night...

It is the same all over the world, I guess. But this is a disease which is cured with age

No 2013 for the NCX!!?

Has anyone else noticed that the NC700x no longer has a 2013 model year reference?

Does that mean that they are not bulding 2013s? If so, I would think that is the biggest news of the unveiling as far as this forum is concerned.

I'm a bit of a newbie, so I hope I am missing something. I'd like to see the NCX continued.

Has anyone else noticed that the NC700x no longer has a 2013 model year reference?

Does that mean that they are not bulding 2013s? If so, I would think that is the biggest news of the unveiling as far as this forum is concerned.

I'm a bit of a newbie, so I hope I am missing something. I'd like to see the NCX continued.

The NC700X will continue. Honda didn't invest in this engine for a one night stand. Due to the late 2012 introduction, there may very well be no 2013 model year designation. Sometimes model years are skipped but the model continues on. For example the Ruckus was built from 2003 to present (2013), but there was no 2010 model due to overproduction of the 2009s. The Goldwing GL1800 skipped a year, too, while production was moved from Ohio, USA, to Japan.

What is most likely means is you will still be able to buy an NC700X in the USA in 2013, you'd better like silver, and if you must have ABS, you'll be getting a DCT.

Greg

Last edited:
I like the Gold Wing F6B

Honda’s new Gold Wing F6B takes the world’s greatest touring motorcycle—our own Gold Wing—and puts a whole new spin on it. Lighter, trimmer, leaner. Perfect for around-town, shorter trips, or even a weekend getaway, the Gold Wing F6B still offers plenty of storage capacity and performance, along with many of the Gold Wing’s comfort and luxury features. Best of all, it has a clean, fresh look that’s all its own.

"Colors can actually have an affect on a person's state of mind and cognitive ability.

Black is on the rise because people associate it with luxury. And so are fancy paint effects: Your new motorcycle might be a Gold Wing, but because it's covered in sparkle black, tri-coats, or a tint coats, it looks cool and fancy. :cool:

If you ride white or silver, the answer might be: We're boooooring ...

View attachment 1537

My Goldwing 1800 is yellow. It has nothing to do with my state of mind and cognitive ability. It is to help me to be seen by other drivers and help me and my wife stay alive. You see, "Bright Colors Save Lives" in a socially responsible way.

Greg

Back