• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Side Cases Capacity?

Daboo

Reaction score
Visit site
The Honda website says the side case hold 29 liters. Is that for each side case? Or total?

Thanks.

Chris

They are pretty good: it's hard to get a large laptop, big text books or a two piece riding suit in one. They are a crazy shape inside. A pair of boots and jacket usually fit in one. I also have the trunk that will hold suit and boots by itself

Also remember part of the side where the hangers go will need to be cut out.or something like that.

Also remember part of the side where the hangers go will need to be cut out.or something like that.

I spent one Saturday afternoon with my son installing the new support arms, mounting brackets, platform, trunk and the saddlebags. The instructions for the arms comes with a template that I traced onto a wax paper and then used that to mark the actual cutoff areas. Not a sweat with a dremel tool with a cutoff disk and a half round fine file.

I bought my NC about three weeks ago and I am still waiting on the side bags. I guess they are on backorder right now.. Can't wait to slap those babies on.

I am appreciating all you guys with mechanical know-how. My side cases finally came from ProCaliber yesterday (3 wk. backorder). The instructions that came with them are not that great, drawings with a lot of lines running everywhere. Spent last evening putting the two locks together. They even work! Spent part of this evening getting the right side stay mounted. Couldn't get the upper two bolts to line up and didn't want to cross thread anything. Persistence paid off and finally got it done, but didn't want to tackle the other side tonight. I'm sure most of you who have the OEM side cases got them mounted in a evening. I wasn't blessed with mechanical acumen so I have to take it slow and careful.

I spent one Saturday afternoon with my son installing the new support arms, mounting brackets, platform, trunk and the saddlebags. The instructions for the arms comes with a template that I traced onto a wax paper and then used that to mark the actual cutoff areas. Not a sweat with a dremel tool with a cutoff disk and a half round fine file.

By way of contrast, I installed the Givi top box supports and mounting plate in about thirty minutes with no prior experience, and outside in the dark using only an LED "miner's lamp" for illumination.

By way of contrast, I installed the Givi top box supports and mounting plate in about thirty minutes with no prior experience, and outside in the dark using only an LED "miner's lamp" for illumination.

I probably would have gone with Givi if the dealer hadn't already installed to mounting brackets for the Honda Top Box. They added the cost of the brackets to the cost of the NC, so I paid for them. Didn't want to lose that cost and then start over with purchasing the Givis. Smart marketing move on the part of the salesman. What they didn't do was go all the way with the brackets. They only mounted the Top Box bracket and left the side case brackets off. It has been a chore to retro-fit the side case brackets. Practically have to take the whole mounting system off to get the nuts on 2 bolts! The side case brackets should go on early in the process of putting the whole system together. Tonight I got the left side done. Tomorrow I'll tackle the right side. Six months from now it will all be a distant memory.

Back