• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda top case + Panniers + Guitar?

ttttrigg3r

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone here ride with a guitar often? I can't wear my soft case, it's a Gator progo, and I have OEM top case and panniers. Usually I just strap it to the rear seat on my other bikes. Today, I had to lay it sideways behind the top case and trap it down to my 2016 rear metal rack on the seats. Does anyone have a solution for carrying their guitars?

I've seen some creative mounting solutions but in the end I would suggest just using a backpack case - something that has a chest strap. I've riden with one but it was only my little washburn travel guitar and easy strapped to my top case rack.

This looks interesting...
BackAxe – Guitar case backpack

I rode with a guitar every Sunday morning to church for worship and every Wednesday night for rehearsal. It is a full-sized acoustic with a hard case. I laid it flat and strapped it across the back seat on my ST1300. I have a passenger backrest that kept it from sliding off the back. I used bungee cords from the back footrest up and over the case to the rear rack.
This worked great.
This looked really funny.
The backrest really stabilized the case from moving or twisting. The first 'bump' on the case nestled into the curve of the backrest. A top case would provide the same support.
I traveled secondary roads, some up to 55mph without issue.
The mirrors on the ST are mounted low beneath the handlebars, so with the guitar case being so wide, it blocked my mirrors. Had to turn my head a lot more for visibility. This should not be a problem on the NC with tall mirrors. Fortunately I didn't have any city driving on my route.

@JT105 I'm kinda doing the same right now. Strapped across the back seat and right against the top case. It's pretty adequate for now, and I'm using Rok Straps which tightens it down very well. Makes it a little harder to split lanes, so I would like to somehow mount it front to back instead of across like how I have it now.

Front to back would hang over the rear like a diving board!
What about a soft case with shoulder straps like a backpack? It would be vertical with the neck pointing up.

Front to back would hang over the rear like a diving board!
What about a soft case with shoulder straps like a backpack? It would be vertical with the neck pointing up.

I did that with a fiddle down the highway, it was not a good time. The neck caught enough wind to pull pretty hard on my shoulders. I can't imagine a guitar would be comfortable above city speeds. I'd rather have her hang off the back (with a red flag for visibility).

I would fabricate some type of holder you could mount in place of one of your stock panniers. If you don't have the expertise then find a local fab shop. Go in with the bike and your cased guitar and see if they can come up with a side rack.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back