• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How and with what? (Cell phone mount)

DBLXX

Reaction score
Visit site
Need cell phone mount suggestions. Where and how did you mount it? If you had a photo that would be super appreciative.

Also...a link or details to the mount you used.

Thanks

I mount my iPhone 8 on the tree using RAM products, by replacing one of the four bolts, using the following (I have 20mm risers so I had to buy a 95mm bolt to be long enough). You need the cradle, the ball for the cradle, the double socket arm, and the tree mount. There are different cradles depending on what phone you’re using.

This:
Amazon.com: RAM Mounts (RAM-HOL-PD3U) Universal Spring Loaded Cell Phone Cradle Holder: Automotive

Plus this:
Amazon.com: RAM Mounts RAM-B-238 RAM 2.43" x 1.31" Diamond Base with 1" Ball: Cell Phones & Accessories

Plus this:
Amazon.com: Ram Mount Motorcycle Handlebar Clamp Base with M8 Screws: Automotive

And this:
Amazon.com: Ram Mount Composite Short Double Socket Arm for 1-Inch Ball Bases: Electronics

Not sure why these links take you to WalMart - I got them all from Amazon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I do 98% of my riding on asphalt with the occasional fire road or hard gravel, so the basic RAM phone cradle works fine (and waay cheaper).

The PO installed a RAM mount on the bike and left it on when I bought it. So I just ordered one of these and the parts to mount it there. You can see the mount by the left mirror in the picture.

I'll let you know what I think when it comes in- should be an easy install. ;)

Attachments

• Mount.jpg
    Mount.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 435
  • NC700X01.jpg
    NC700X01.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 442
Where do you clamp it to?

Any chance you could take a few photos ?

i bought the Perfect Squeeze with both a handlebar clamp for the dirt bike, and a RAM ball to clamp to existing RAM mounts on all my street bikes.

The PO installed a RAM mount on the bike and left it on when I bought it. So I just ordered one of these and the parts to mount it there. You can see the mount by the left mirror in the picture.

I'll let you know what I think when it comes in- should be an easy install. ;)

I have that cradle and it's been in use for about 10k miles without any issues. I picked it due to me occasionally changing what cover is on my phone. It just fits my S7 in fully weekend body armour (Otterbox Defender), and easily fits when it's in the weekday case (Otterbox Commuter). I chose to go the way others have mentioned, replacing one of the 4 bolts at the top of the tree with a RAM ball option, and then adding a double-ended arm so that I can position the mount exactly where I want to, and also easily move it if need be.

This is the one I bought for my bike. It mounts to the handlebar with a U-bolt. Then it has a movable arm that will allow you to position the phone craddle in various positions. I driven 50 miles with just the grab arms a few times before I noticed i did not attach the safety band. No off road. Just highway and street miles.
https://tinyurl.com/y9kl8xzb

I have that cradle and it's been in use for about 10k miles without any issues. I picked it due to me occasionally changing what cover is on my phone. It just fits my S7 in fully weekend body armour (Otterbox Defender), and easily fits when it's in the weekday case (Otterbox Commuter). I chose to go the way others have mentioned, replacing one of the 4 bolts at the top of the tree with a RAM ball option, and then adding a double-ended arm so that I can position the mount exactly where I want to, and also easily move it if need be.
I may pick up one of those bolt-balls as the one I have on the bike now is too far outboard for my liking.

As to the mount; I like it so far and it feels very secure. My phone, Moto Pure, barely fits in it though. The mount also partially blocks the camera; something I hadn't anticipated. I can file away just a little plastic to get it in the clear. It's not a big deal as I haven't found a dash-cam app for the phone that has good reviews.

I just installed this Ram universal phone holder (got it from Revzilla). The side fingers are adaptable so it doesn't interfere with the phone buttons. After several rides it seems very secure.
I first installed it on a h'bar clamp bolt adapter but it obscured the digital panel. I'm getting a Ram torque bar mount to move it out on the h'bar.
196ce0b10a9e37fea889de7d04b0a1b3.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post #2 is my exact setup. I have had that mount for over five years and never an issue. I ride year round in all conditions so the mount is weathered and still in great shape. I have hit very hard bumps and dropped the bike three times and never once has the phone came close to leaving the carrier.

8.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone use the fork stem mount for the RAM cell phone mounting system? It looks like it may work even with risers using it with the extension arm and spring loaded cradle. This would put it in a good, center position. I’d like to hear if anyone has any experience with it.

Does anyone use the fork stem mount for the RAM cell phone mounting system? It looks like it may work even with risers using it with the extension arm and spring loaded cradle. This would put it in a good, center position. I’d like to hear if anyone has any experience with it.
You may not want it in a center position. I moved mine to one side because it blocked my view of the digital panel. I recommend the Ram torque bar mount. It's also easier to reach with my left hand while riding (only for very simple things I can do without distraction).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This is what I use. I had to order a separate 95mm bolt to reach through the ram mount and 20mm risers, but it works great. I put one of the ram arms on the ball so you can adjust angles on the phone so it doesn’t block the instrument panel view, etc.

This is what I use. I had to order a separate 95mm bolt to reach through the ram mount and 20mm risers, but it works great. I put one of the ram arms on the ball so you can adjust angles on the phone so it doesn’t block the instrument panel view, etc.

I saw yours on post #2 and it did not show a fork stem mount, rather a bar bolt replacement mount. Your set up was the option I was gonna do before I saw the fork stem mount. It had me intrigued as it would sit in the middle and not be too tall off the handlebars after I install my risers.

GgarryP, wouldn’t it sit higher off the handlebars than it would off the fork stem given that the fork stem is below the handlebar mounts?

Back