• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How do you light your frunk/trunk

I went to the hardware store and bought one of those LED bar lights with the velcro on the bottom, battery operated and you push the light to make it come on. When you flip the frunk open you have a nice surface at the top on the inside, mount the light there and it points straight down inside. Heated the plastic with a heat gun first to help the velcro stick. Total cost. 5.99$. Time for install, about 4 min. Does it work? Hell yes!

You're supposed to keep those under the seat for checking your fuel tank, not in the frunk with flammable items. What's wrong with you anyway????

well tickle ma bum,good idea spud! wiv zee cap off and if I strike a matchy me will getty a nice crispy tan.
I knew I could rely on some twitter to come up with that idea,didya try it ya self;)

You're supposed to keep those under the seat for checking your fuel tank, not in the frunk with flammable items. What's wrong with you anyway????

well tickle ma bum,good idea spud! wiv zee cap off and if I strike a matchy me will getty a nice crispy tan.
I knew I could rely on some twitter to come up with that idea,didya try it ya self;)

Modified mine to run on happy thoughts and rainbows, never have to lift the seat.

is that why your laid up in bed shoulda kept ya beady eye on da road bud not having happy thoughts and rainbows..:p

How you do talk! Happy thoughts and rainbows never hurt anybody. It was those damned teddy bears and unicorns that jumped out and bum rushed me at a red light!

How you do talk! Happy thoughts and rainbows never hurt anybody. It was those damned teddy bears and unicorns that jumped out and bum rushed me at a red light!

yeh those little buggers;)
and moggies but they do taste like rabbits so I'm told

Thought it would be a good idea to get examples of how people are lighting up their storage areas. I've seen some great examples in these forums. So, post pics of your light solution so others can benefit from your ideas.

I have a temporary setup for both my frunk and my givi trunk. My frunk solution is an LED light flute LED Light Flute Portable,Silver:Amazon:Home Improvement

e2yqutyn.jpg

For my givi trunk I'm trying to use a Coleman LED cooler light. Coghlan's Cooler Light:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

View attachment 3640

So far the flute light is working well.

The Coleman cooler light... Is not always coming on automatically when I open the trunk. I only just installed it so I'm hoping it will become more reliable as I try to adjust it.

So, what are your storage lighting ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

UPDATE:

I would not recommend the Coleman cooler light unless you want very low light. It is a single LED and puts out very low light. I think I will eventually get another of the Flute lights (above) and put it in my Givi Trunk (not Frunk), as it is very bright and I like that I can pull it out and use it as a flashlight or worklight (using the stand).
I am very happy with the Flute light!

For my givi trunk I'm trying to use a Coleman LED cooler light. Coghlan's Cooler Light:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

View attachment 3640

The Coleman cooler light... Is not always coming on automatically when I open the trunk. I only just installed it so I'm hoping it will become more reliable as I try to adjust it.

So, what are your storage lighting ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For those that live in the Midwest and have access to a Menards store, the Coghlan's cooler light is free after rebate this week, limit 3.

I don't think it will work in the frunk due to the slope of the lid, but I'm going to try it in the trunks of the NC and GL.

Greg

Back