• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How do you use your NC

What is the main use of your NC?

• Only for trips on nice weekends

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • For leisure whenever the weather is good

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Touring

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Commuting in summer months only

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Commuting all year

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Everything

Votes: 29 51.8%

• Total voters
I never had to go further than my back yard to work but I do use my M/C as daily duty weather permiting, but in Az we have about 290 sunny days per yr. so thats pretty much full time. Only limitation is having to p/u something bigger than a toilet seat or a rifle. Motorcycles have been in my life since the late 60's because there is always time to indulge in my favorite pass time. Motorcycles are the most useful hobby there is unlike boats, hunting, fishing, shopping wit da ole lady... Not that I don't like those things, they just take too much planning and scheduling.

I don't commute on my NC over my CBR125R, the little 125 kicks the NC's butt for that I'm afraid, for my specific commuting needs. At 100 mpg and only 250 lbs wet (my bike is modified from stock) it gives scooters a run for their money, but is just like a real motorcycle in it's handling and attributes.

One would imagine my BMW will prove to have been a bit better than the 700X will be, on the few thousand km's of pavement there and back to get to the lonely lakes out in the boonies, but slithering along "4x4 only" marked roads on my fully loaded F800ST came at the expense of adrenaline overdosing and the contemplation of thousands and thousands of dollars in parts costs, if I binned it. Ya never know, though. P'raps Gabi-n (my NCX's name, lol) will prove to be every bit as worthy a touring machine for the type of minor trip taking I do.

I will be the happiest soul here, when next spring/summer I find myself slowly trundling my way down some rutted two track jeep trail to a remote lake, and setting up a tent for a few days of camping solitude.

In the mean time, the poor thing will have to suffer my desultory and very limited meanderings weekend to weekend, with understanding forbearance...

Everything for me. My truck was using way too much gas and the NC700 looked like a lot more fun than a Prius!

I, in a bizarre twist of fate, actually have had the use of a Prius for the past couple weeks.

My very first impression?

"OMFG what a gas hog!" lol

Compared to my CBR125 and even (my) rather awful NCX fuel mileage to date, good heavens these car things suck back the gas! :eek:

It costs me $8.00 for an entire month of commuting on my WeeBR.

Cars. *PTOOIE*

Following a post on another forum I wondering how people on here used their NCs

Sort of by default, I voted in the: "For leisure whenever the weather is good" selection, but it doesn't really match for me. Neither does the "trips on nice weekends", or "Everything"

The only things that I specifically don't do, is commute or tour on it.

I don't care what the weather is like in my leisure time, weekends or not. If I'm not working, that means it's time to ride, weather be damned. ;)

I never had to go further than my back yard to work but I do use my M/C as daily duty weather permiting, but in Az we have about 290 sunny days per yr. so thats pretty much full time. Only limitation is having to p/u something bigger than a toilet seat or a rifle. Motorcycles have been in my life since the late 60's because there is always time to indulge in my favorite pass time. Motorcycles are the most useful hobby there is unlike boats, hunting, fishing, shopping wit da ole lady... Not that I don't like those things, they just take too much planning and scheduling.

Change that to the early 60s and leave out most of the hobbies and it could be me talking

I ride mine to work all week, then take it to the twisties on the weekends.
It's a good all around bike for me.

I entered "Commuting all year," but I do also ride it just for fun, and take the kids for rides, when the weather's not unbearably hot. With the NCX, light grocery shopping is now possible, too!

It is my only vehicle. I ride it everywhere. And I am enjoying the ride.... Of course, living in the desert southwest is a plus... :)

Hm not sure what to vote on as I use mine for leisure in most weather except snow and ice. I pop to the store 3 times a week so it is my shopping trolley and enjoy a nice ride through some nice country roads each time and am as happy to go in the rain and cold :)
Back of the bike does suffer due to a R&G tail tidy but the hose is on hand to wash the bike down of any crap including road salt. Takes 10 mins

Back