• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

how I lost over a pound of rear unsprung weight

He could always substitute a velcro strap or heavy duty elastic cord or band to activate the front brake lever when parked. Would essentially be the same thing, no?

If a U-Lock through the front disc is used for security anyway, then there is also no need. I would not suggest putting one through the rear, though! It's too easy as it is to forget there is one on the front, let alone the rear...

Considering the relative "low performance" bike that our NC700X-D's are, isn't this bordering on a bit anal? :rolleyes:

It's certainly taking weight reduction to new levels..............
I prefer only filling the tank half full........ saving over 10 pounds.

One pound of unsprung weight is probably worth 15 pounds of regular sprung weight. If you haven't ever felt the difference then go ride a scooter and see for yourself.

Yes I get unsprung part.........BUT........
On a bike like the NC I would be FUN to see a "double blind" test drive and see how many riders could pick the bike with a one pound difference.

you should take off all the body panels and the seat too. unnecessary weight

way ahead of you...

25067d1436728247-gotta-luv-mcmaster-carr-img_1494-jpg

I hit the gym every other day, keep my weight at 135 lbs. better and safer then any mod.

yeah until you fall off a treadmill and break your legs!

Risk is everywhere... Measure it and take what you perceive is the best approach (that doesn't put ME in any undue danger.)

Back