• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

how much is oem luggage worth second hand?

kalifornia

Reaction score
Visit site
first hi all, just rode an nc700 for the first time today, and it was much better than what I have read online. anyhow the bike has full oem luggage sides top case and brackets. I won't be needing these so I want to know how much would a really good price for the buyer (including shipping) knowing this i can make an offer on the bike. just spit out a figure that would sell quickly. thanks

Hey Kali, welcome to the ride and a hearty welcome from northern Idaho!

Last year i purchased a full set of bags,(two side cases and a top box with all of the brackets and mounting hardware, they're worthless without them) from a fellow for about half price. Mine were immaculate and without a scratch on either of them. Price accordingly and take best offer. Take some pictures and post them here in the for sale thread. You should be able to unload them quickly!
:{)

Fwiw, I just paid $954 shipped for an entire brand new kit, new handrails/brackets/rear carrier/nuts and bolts/both bags/silver side panels for bags.

If you have all that, I'd say it'd easily be worth $500-600 second hand if in great shape.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fwiw, I just paid $954 shipped for an entire brand new kit, new handrails/brackets/rear carrier/nuts and bolts/both bags/silver side panels for bags.

If you have all that, I'd say it'd easily be worth $500-600 second hand if in great shape.

Tip: then can sell kalifornia your stock passenger grab rails since he/she will probably need them after removing the luggage!

is it also true that if the bike is 2012 or older you have to trim some bodywork by the grab handle.

Last edited:
Tip: then can sell kalifornia your stock passenger grab rails since he/she will probably need them after removing the luggage!
I like the way you think!
is it also true that if the bike is 2012 or older you have to trim some bodywork by the grab handle.
Isn't 2012 the first year of the NC700X?

In the US, 2012 was the only model year NC700X that required slight trimming of the rear cowl when fitting the OEM luggage compatible grab rails. If the trimming was done right, it should t even be noticeable.

Last edited:
Yes you have to trim a bit on the ‘12. I have a ‘12 with all Honda luggage. The trimming is entirely inside, meaning basically under the passenger seat. You’ll never see it and it doesn’t mess with the integrity of the bodywork, unless someone did a _seriously_ sloppy hack job. As a person who struggles with things like bodywork & finish carpentry, I basically consider it impossible to trim in a way that makes it visible. I _may_ have posted a pic of the trimmed panels on here, but if I did that was probably 6 years ago. No clue where it might be, if I even did it.

only problem is I hate grab rails. Ok so this bike a 2013, has 31,000 miles no damage, oem luggage, both front and back corbin seats plus the originals, and some denali fog lights don't know which ones, k & n filter and 2,000 miles on a michelin pilot 4 or 5 on the back, front michelin is probably 75% gone, sw motech handguards. he was asking 3500 got him down to 3300. what say u??? deal or no deal

i paid $400 for mine used, both side cases and top box with all of the hardware, however the PO's bike was newer so i had to trim. i also did all if the swapping of part right off of his bike onto mine. i had no idea you were supposed to trim them to fit i just did it! It was super easy to do and still looks great. :{)

here are the two tabs that need to be trimmed
body parts luggage installation.JPG

here is the trimming i did to make them fit.
body parts luggage installation5.jpg

here they are installed, look pretty good IMHO
body parts luggage installation6.jpg

super simple, easy job.
body parts luggage installation7.jpg

$3300, that sounds like a pretty good deal Kali. You'll recoop some of that when you sell the luggage and make it an even better deal! :{)

Even if you paid full price, like Rapture said you can always sell the luggage if you don't want it. There is always someone who is interested in the OEM kit and the sale will reduce your investment. On the other hand, if you use it you may want to keep it.

Back