• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to bleed an ABS-brakes for NCX?

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Dear sirs,

Can I ask if the procedure to bleed and change the brake fluids of an ABS-equipped NCX the same as that of an Non-ABS NCX?
i.e. bleed and change the fluids in the master cylinder, the brake hoses and that's it?

Do I have to bleed any extra components?
Do I have to "cycle" the ABS as some other forums imply?

Thanks. I await your good answers.
:D
Happy Joe

PS: If this is a stupid question, kindly pardon the stupid me.
:cool:

Not a poor question at all, Happy.

IMHO, a simple brake fluid change or flush, shouldn't be any different between an ABS/non ABS system, as long as no air is introduced into it.

Now, something like a brake line change, where one or more lines are removed for repair or replacement (ie: stainless steel lines) then I would be more apt to think there could be a proper procedure and order of steps done during the work, different between the two systems.

With ABS and Linked, there are proportioning valves and gizmos which very well may require a special method out of the ordinary. If no one else in the mean time does, I will poke through my manual and see what it says.

Not very different, but you have two bleed valves in the front. Bleeding the front is very similar, but for the rear you have to operate two valves, the one "normal" at the rear and the additional in the front for the combined system.

So, what it makes different is the combined system, not the ABS

The procedure in the manual seems to be quite simple, not much different than non ABS. As Duk2n points out, when doing the combined rear, you have front and rear caliper bleeders. It say's to bleed the front caliper first, then the rear.

Today I went to the Honda garage (not the one who sold me the bike but the one in next village).
USD1 = 0.9CHF

Brake pads front: 89chf
Brake pads rear : 84chf
Brake fluid : 10chf
Service: 120chf per hour, he said 1.5hours needed.
Total bill: 370chf?

I said I will do it myself.
Argh....

Today I went to the Honda garage (not the one who sold me the bike but the one in next village).
USD1 = 0.9CHF

Brake pads front: 89chf
Brake pads rear : 84chf
Brake fluid : 10chf
Service: 120chf per hour, he said 1.5hours needed.
Total bill: 370chf?

I said I will do it myself.
Argh....

Wait, what? Today? But I thought you said your bike really was stolen, not an April Fool's joke, in the other thread?

:confused:

I love you man....don't be angry...
I went there after I found my bike again...
:D

Major, major, MAJOR crediblity loss there, man. I mean major.

Back