• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to freight a bike from NC to Boston

dog

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike is banged up from an accident, but it rolls. It will be transported from a personal residence in the Raleigh/Durham area to a motorcycle mechanic in the Boston area. Assume the only thing the owner in NC will do is point out the bike. I've have no experience with getting a vehicle transported and thought I'd ask you guys for advice. I think the bike is a 1000-1200cc Honda cruiser, but I'm not sure. About the only thing I could come up with off the top of my head was to call some bike dealers in the Raleigh/Durham area to see if they had any ideas

This topic comes up on the Guzzi forum I'm on quite a bit as there are a bunch of crazy old farts over there that are always looking for a project bike to fix up, and don't mind buying from clear across the country to get what they want. It seems that there are several shipping companies that specialize in motorcycles, but the only one I can think of is a outfit called U-ship (I think, could be wrong) Try Goggling motorcycle shippers.

Back