• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to: Kickstand Pivot an NC700X

Interesting stumbling across this thread...I just recorded myself doing this today!

[video=youtube_share;Hf2VQmP-3s8]http://youtu.be/Hf2VQmP-3s8[/video]

Read this thread, found a vid on YouTube, went out to the garage did it easily first try.
Did it a few more times, fairly easy.
Neat trick.
Would I do it in public...well, let me put it this way... I'm Irish, my name is not Murphy, but it should have been. :p

Somebody had posted a video on "no muffler at all" thread and the guy making the video did this three times. You could tell he was a pro. And the dude is funny as a get out.

With the lower center of gravity on the NC, this shouldn't be too bad or scary. Now my older, heavier Suzuki GS? Maybe not. I'm sure the concept is the same, but the center of gravity is a lot higher and I'm not sure I trust the kickstand weld that much after 32 years.

This just as easy if not easier (for me anyway) to do with a centerstand if you have a fairly smooth concrete garage floor.
I don't even bother trying to lift the bike onto only one foot of the centerstand.
I simply grab the left handlebar and the left rear seat handrail and push down and away from me on the handrail while pulling on the handlebar.
When I push down and away on the handrail, it only unloads the front wheel contact with the ground. It does NOT need to lift the front tire off the ground at all.
Super easy and bike is never precariously balanced on a single point of contact where YOU are the only source of stability.

Last edited:
This just as easy if not easier (for me anyway) to do with a centerstand if you have a fairly smooth concrete garage floor.
I don't even bother trying to lift the bike onto only one foot of the centerstand.
I simply grab the left handlebar and the left rear seat handrail and push down and away from me on the handrail while pulling on the handlebar.
When I push down and away on the handrail, it only unloads the front wheel contact with the ground. It does NOT need to lift the front tire off the ground at all.
Super easy and bike is never precariously balanced on a single point of contact where YOU are the only source of stability.

I've NEVER been a source of stability! Well not emotional or mental stability at least ;)

I pivoted on the side stand a few times... then I realized I could just park the car outside and have plenty of space in the garage to maneuver the bike... I also put the foot on the kickstand, and I didn't want to pivot on that.

File under neat trick for when you need it, but it's best to just not need it.

I wouldn't fancy doing that with my brand new bike.

Besides, no need at my mates house where I keep mine.:)

Check this out.

Bike turn table - YouTube

It's my previous bike to the NC, the old Vara, so as you can imagine the NC turns on this turntable real easy.

I had to use this trick last September on a group ride with the Indiana adventure group; going down a gravel road I was unfamiliar with came to a 90' turn on gravel I knew I wouldn't make (beyond my skill at the speed I was going) and hit the rear brake. I was able to stop with the front end in the ditch and I could only get the front wheel out of the ditch (uphill going backwards); so I pivoted the bike on its kickstand and had the bike going in the correct direction :). Easy peasy. That ride I realized if I wanted to do gravel roads, I needed dual sport tires or knobbies but since I do 95%+ on asphalt, don't want to change tires.

Tried but couldn't do it. I have the saddlebags and tour box on with stuff in them. Maybe if I took everything off I might be able to. Couldn't get rear wheel off the concrete.

I do it to mine every time I have to get on it. My garage is in a ally on the side of the house and it is gravel. Way to hard to back up, so I just spin it on the kick stand. EzyPzy!!!

Last edited:
Back