• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to: Kickstand Pivot an NC700X

tooblekain

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you tired of doing the "Austin Powers" when stuck in a really tight space?

Would you like to know how get your bike around a tight area quickly?

Would you like to know to know how to turn your bike around with no effort?

Do you want to look like a badass to other riders and impress the ladies (or men)?

Then learning how to kickstand pivot the bike is the answer for you!!!

This has been done to many bikes and I personally have not broken a kickstand doing this. Some bikes are impossible to do this, but the NC700X is like any sport bike I have encountered where it is possible, however where you grab or orient the bars is different. You don't have to worry about snapping the kickstand or the kickstand mount--both a pretty beefy.

Here is a video example of kickstand pivoting a bike. In this video, the technique is the same as you would on an NC700X:

[video=youtube;3GDwZ98wJyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GDwZ98wJyk[/video]

For the NC700X, here is how you do it:

1. Turn the handlebars to full lock to the right. You will be standing to the left of the bike.
2. Lift the bike by pulling the bike towards you. You will feel that the NC700X has a slight forward weight bias. I use my right leg close to the bike as a catch for it.
3. Rotate the bike while it's on the kickstand (pivoting) using the handlebars. You can experiment with what direction you are more comfortable with.

If I have the chance, maybe one day I will make an actual video showing how to do it on an NC700X

...If I have the chance, maybe one day I will make an actual video showing how to do it on an NC700X

Neat and very handy technique. As for time to make the video - apparently you need to set aside 24 seconds when there is someone around to hold a camera. :)

I see myself, with my coordination, ending up taking a nap with the NX on my garage floor. I don't think I'm going to try that one. Maybe with the old CB175...:D

When I lived in asia, I did this all the time with my scooter. However, the NC is a very different beast and I dont know if I have the nerve to try it.

Amazing, never heard this being done!
Looks like you need to still have some strength to do this, not ending on the floor over or below the motorcycle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I'll be damned if that doesn't work slick as slide whistle. And you're right, the bike is a little front heavy....

Matt, from what I've seen of your videos... they are topshelf and I'd be interested in seeing you do this technique with the NC.
BTW: I'd also like to see a vid of the entire valve checking procedure!

Matt, from what I've seen of your videos... they are topshelf and I'd be interested in seeing you do this technique with the NC.
BTW: I'd also like to see a vid of the entire valve checking procedure!

You got it. I showed Sofia yesterday how to kickstand pivot it. I discovered this when I was going to dinner and parked in a spot and realized I actually wanted to back it in. I decided to give it a try.

I'll make a video of how to do this.

At first it was not working because on all the bikes I did it on I would grab with my left hand the handlebar and my right hand would be the subframe.

For the NC I tried the same as above except grabbed the hand rails. It was on its way and then got difficult. I also felt the forward weight bias--that told me it IS possible, but may be different. Looking at the kickstand design it looked very similar to a CBR, so I knew that the kickstand can handle it.

I expermented and BAM!!! Got it done.

ALSO...stay tuned. The tuner in my has an awesome idea of upgrading the front end with a dual disk setup.

Neat and very handy technique. As for time to make the video - apparently you need to set aside 24 seconds when there is someone around to hold a camera. :)

True, but my video will be more detailed, show where to hold, footing, lifting technique...then add upload time, editing time, finalizing for format, and then uploading online

I see myself, with my coordination, ending up taking a nap with the NX on my garage floor. I don't think I'm going to try that one. Maybe with the old CB175...:D

Trust me, it's not hard. It looks intimidating, but its not hard at all. Once the bike is on it's kickstand, its all about the balance of it and just holding it up. It doesn't take much strength at all

When I lived in asia, I did this all the time with my scooter. However, the NC is a very different beast and I dont know if I have the nerve to try it.

It will be the same. The NC is not that bad. If you want a bad bike to try and attempt this, try a Triumph Sprint RS

Amazing, never heard this being done!
Looks like you need to still have some strength to do this, not ending on the floor over or below the motorcycle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only strength needed is bringing the bike on it's kickstand...which isn't much. Like the video, if you jerk it and once its up, you will feel the balance. The NC is light enough (for me) to effortlessly bring it up slowly on its kickstand. As you are bringing it up you will feel the front of the bike wanting to come down....just prevent that from happening. Plus, if it comes down, it will come down on a one wheel or another and self correct to as if the bike is leaning on the kickstand like normal

Well, I'll be damned if that doesn't work slick as slide whistle. And you're right, the bike is a little front heavy....

So did you try it? If so it's not that hard at all.

Would it be best for people to do this counter-clockwise at first and until they get the hang of it? I ask because pulling that direction would seem to place force that tends to keep the kickstand extended, while a fumble in a clockwise spin may result in unintentionally raising ("falling off of") the kickstand.

Would it be best for people to do this counter-clockwise at first and until they get the hang of it? I ask because pulling that direction would seem to place force that tends to keep the kickstand extended, while a fumble in a clockwise spin may result in unintentionally raising ("falling off of") the kickstand.

Go in whatever direction you feel more comfortable with. Each bike I have done it to I tend to go counter-clockwise. A friend of mine preferred to actually go clockwise.

+1. in fact -i fell once sitting on NC and moving backward from the garage,maneuvering between multiple cars on uneven pavement. yeah..here i'm,lying down alone on the porch of my own house at 6 am and can't get my leg out of it..you get the picture. been there ,done that. riding on various motorcycles for 15 years or so. this is my first drop.
i feel like i Phil Dunphy in that episode of modern family,where he fell from Harley
;):D:D

Last edited:
Well, Mike, I figure I will fall flat on my face the first couple of times I do it no matter which way I turn. But, once my arm works again I'm trying it.

wow, that's awesome.
Took me awhile to get used to put the bike on the center stand (took 3 weeks).
Doing the kickstand pivot is what I need, just afraid of dropping her if she gets a little tippy.

Ken

This has been done to many bikes and I personally have not broken a kickstand doing this.

You don't have to worry about snapping the kickstand or the kickstand mount--both a pretty beefy.

Agreed, you don't have to worry unnecessarily about snapping or breaking anything most likely, but on the other hand if you get in the habit of doing it a lot, over time you can bend the tang that the side stand attaches to, or wallow out the U of the side stand where it bolts to the tang.

Not saying don't do it, but just be aware there can be consequences. (I have had more than a few Hondas with wobbly side stands after years of owning them and doing stuff like this)

Back