• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to turn a beer can into the only camping stove you'll ever need !

Now this is scary.i seen this on Google plus.i am making one and was gonna post it.great minds think alike lol

sent from a keyboard in the frunk

A soup can with a wire handle will make a great pot.this will work great on the trips im already planning for summer.

I will try this next week when I do Trash Can Turkey. A complete Hobo dinner! Thanks for sharing.

Very simple and practical !

I haunted YouTube for many months a few years ago, looking in depth at all the gazillion different methods and people who made their version of these alcohol stoves.

This is one of the simplest and best I've seen done out of all of them, it was a really great vid!

In the end, I wimped out and bought a Titanium Vargo stove for $25.00 @ M.E.C. instead of making one for free... :shame: :eek: :eek:

There are a bunch of variations on this out there. I can't remember which can was sturdiest but I know there was one better than pop or beer cans as far as durability.
Maybe it was one of those large energy drinks with the screw on lid. Been a long time since I saw that video.

I also wimped out and bought a Solo Stove, which I keep in my truck and use to heat meals at work, as camping and backpacking are activities I hardly ever do.
4y5yjyde.jpg

Last edited:
A handheld can opener cuts the top perfect.i am going to try a soup can next,should be stronger.

There are some pretty cool ones made out of aluminum beer "bottles" that I've seen. A bit more complex to try and make yourself though. ADV Vendors forum has a fellow who makes and sells them I believe.

I gave up camping a few years back but now I want to make one of those stoves just for the fun of it. I wonder if Marriott will get pissed at me if I use it to make my coffee some morning. That's a pretty cool vid. Thanks for sharing.

Back